grouise hunting

The place to discuss all aspects of shotgun shooting.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

grouise hunting

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:18 am

Ruffchaser, how is the grouse hunting in WI?
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Ruffchaser

Post by Ruffchaser » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:05 pm

bearandoldman ,
I havent been yet , although the forecast isnt great . I suppose michigan is about the same . A couple years ago I camped and hunted about 5 miles from the U. P. When the cycle goes up Id like to camp for a week in the U. P. Are you anywhere near blueberry production country ?

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:32 pm

Ruffchaser wrote:bearandoldman ,
I havent been yet , although the forecast isnt great . I suppose michigan is about the same . A couple years ago I camped and hunted about 5 miles from the U. P. When the cycle goes up Id like to camp for a week in the U. P. Are you anywhere near blueberry production country ?
There are some blueberrie farms in the area of the cultivated type but not really. Live in Saginaw, just look at your righ palm and I live just about a 1/2 inch below where your thumb joins your palm. Where do you go in tyhe UP am familiar with the area especially the west end in the cenbtral time zone.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Ruffchaser

Post by Ruffchaser » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:26 pm

Hi Bearandoldman ,
I finally got out grouse hunting last weekend up north , trip wasnt too succsessful as far as birds go . I only shot my gun once at a woodcock and it did an awesome job of in flight manuevers at the two times I shot . Its amazing its timing was perfect . My friend,s dog had a run in with a porcupine and 113 quills later and 180.00 poorer the dog was good as new . At least it wasnt a run in with a wolf which are putting the smackdown on bear dogs in wisconsin . Hopefully Ill be going for three days next week .