The beginning of a beautiful relationship??

A section to discuss marksmanship issues: techniques, equipment, experiences, etc.

Also, a place to ask marksmanship related questions to seek information from the vast knowledge base of this forum's membership.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Post by greener » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:34 am

bebloomster wrote:Actually I was using a Mark lll before I bought the Model 41. Mark lll did work well but there is just no comparison to the Model 41.... especially when it comes to the trigger. Bought the 41, sold the Mark lll... no regrets at all.
I can see why. Very nice looking pistol.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:37 am

Keep practicing, you'll get there. The secret is to find your own natural pace. Just because you have 20 seconds in timed fire doesn't mean you have to use all of them. Getting comfortable and concentrating on the squeeze at an accelerated pace is all part of the routine you must establish for excellent performance. Don't actively think while shooting the string, just work on instinct and muscle memory. All you're concentrating on is starting the squeeze and the sight picture, the pistol fires on its own. Then all you have to do is recover and repeat.

R,
Bullseye

bebloomster
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by bebloomster » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:43 pm

I use a set of those electronic ear muffs that are capable of having an MP3 player or the like plugged into them. Nothing like listening to good classical music during practice.

perazzi

Post by perazzi » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:46 pm

bebloomster wrote:I use a set of those electronic ear muffs that are capable of having an MP3 player or the like plugged into them. Nothing like listening to good classical music during practice.
Hmmmm.... I do the same, but,....

http://www.bullseyepistol.com/rangecmd.htm

A bit less 'soothing' lol

AND, I found out today why you put that blue loctite on those sight base screws..... :shock:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:25 pm

I've used those range commands through an MP3 player for practicing by myself. I just put a set of earbuds inside my earmuffs to hear the commands.

R,
Bullseye

bebloomster
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by bebloomster » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:45 pm

Yes, I also have those range commands on MP3. Did a little editing though so that it will play through normally and then about 5 seconds later it will start again from "With 5 rounds load". In practice though I usually just load up a single magazine with 10 rounds and fire both strings from the same magazine.

Hadn't though of earbuds under the earmuffs. Might be even better than plugging in to the input jack of the earmuffs that I use. Will find out next time I am out to the range.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:54 pm

You know me, I'm kind of old school. I don't have the fancy *plug-in* high tech, newfangled, digitally automated, ear muffs. I just go with simple. I did do the same as you mentioned and ran multiple tracks of the strings to practice certain ones without having to restart the audio sequence each time.

R,
Bullseye

perazzi

Post by perazzi » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:21 pm

I've installed it on my Blackberry. I can run a timer, listen to the range commands, take my Wifes calls, and view Guntalk Online... all at the same time...

Bullseye shooting is soooo complicated.. :lol:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:39 am

Show off! :D

R,
Bullseye

perazzi

Post by perazzi » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:14 am

Crossfire? what do you mean Crossfire!! I was, uhh, concentrating, uhh yeah, that's it...

Can you imagine, a Wagner, Ride of the Valkyrie's, ringtone going off 3 seconds into a timed fire event lol....

:roll:

bebloomster
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by bebloomster » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:25 am

I use "Hava Naguila" for a ring tone !!!

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Could be a worse ringtone; how about Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust!" :shock:

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:30 pm

The William Tell Overture as it was played on the Lone Rnger shows on radio when I was a kid, that is for family. All other just Verizon standard ring rone.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

perazzi

Post by perazzi » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Bullseye wrote:Could be a worse ringtone; how about Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust!" :shock:

R,
Bullseye
Now that's a BAD one BE....... :lol:

bebloomster
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by bebloomster » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:41 am

Didn't quite make my average tonite at the 50' Indoor League. 868/900 with the NMC leg being 270/300. One of the 20 second Timed Fire stages was a 100-1X though... the first time I've scored a 100 in competition (the shots in the 10 ring at 1 o'clock and 3 o'clock are doubles). Woo-hoo !!!