What do you guys shoot at when shooting "just for fun&q

A section to discuss marksmanship issues: techniques, equipment, experiences, etc.

Also, a place to ask marksmanship related questions to seek information from the vast knowledge base of this forum's membership.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Biggjimm
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Biggjimm » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:59 am

I never thought about tennis balls. Those would work great for what I want. Arizona, what are hard drive platters?
In youth we learn,
In age we understand.

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by arizona-hermit » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:08 pm

Hard drive platters are the metallic (or glass) disks inside your computers hard drive. They make awesome targets. The glass ones are a bit of a pain to clean up though, so I do not recommend shooting them.

I absolutely hate leaving my favorite shooting place littered up and normally carry out far more junk than I actually create there.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Tennis balls (I really like to hang a tennis ball on a string behind the chewed-up target backers at the indoor range)

Old pots&pans from Goodwill (non-serviceable, of course)

Stacks of documents that should be shredded (not yet, but I have a box built up, I plan to wet it down and light it up with some serious firepower)

I just ordered a three-pack of these:
http://www.ar500-targets.com/ProductDet ... 2DTOGETHER
with the thicker plate option - they should stow nicely in the trunk and I might leave the third one at the range, tucked away somewhere.

And I've had a steel kitty-cat swinger (rated for .22lr only) for a while