Priming Tools

The place to discuss reloading techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:29 am

jaeger45 wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:
But hey, that's how discoveries are made leading to great inventions!

What's the name now of the guy who noticed how the bullrushes near the muzzle of his shotgun would sway when he fired, and began wondering how to utilize that force of the blast moving the reeds and ultimately leading to one of the greatest invention of all times- recoil-operated firearms, and later, gas-operated ones?
John Moses Browning, probably the greatest and most prolific designer of firearms there was and ever will be, his designs are still good today after almost 100 years. And especially no one has ever been able to improve on the 1911, that is why most all manufactures are still building g his design.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

copdills

Post by copdills » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:58 pm

Thats what I did ,I have 2-Lee auto primes 1-large , 1 small and they have work through thousands of rds over the last ten or so years

45dave

Lee works fine

Post by 45dave » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:04 pm

I have been using a Lee hand primer for years with no problem. Mine came with the anvils for both large and small primers, just used the shell plate for my reloader for what ever caliber I am working with. One note, a friend had a Lee hand loader do a pop one day. After he called Lee it is a good idea to blow out any dust ever 100 rounds or so just in case any of the explosive from the primer has left some dust. I also point the critter away from me when using it as a just in case situation. I have never used any other hand primer as this one has worked like a charm for me.