New AR trigger installed

The place to discuss AR style or other tactical rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

New AR trigger installed

Post by Yleefox » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:39 pm

I finally broke down and purchased a new trigger for my AR. I just hated the old, creepy, grumpy, lazy, crunchy, diseased, corroded, and miserable factory trigger. Installed the Geissele this morning and what a fantastic difference. I'll be going to the range on Wednesday and give it a bit of a work out. I'll come back and give a report afterward.

Y

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:25 am

I'd like to hear which model you installed. I use Jewells in my ARs.

R,
Bullseye

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:41 am

I bought the SSA. I considered some of the others, but in the end, it came down to the fact that the Geissle I choose was on sale and that Geissle seems to have a good reputation. Of course, many others have a great reputation as well.

I guess time will tell if I have chosen wisely.

Y

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by stork » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:51 am

Ylee,
I also spend quality time on the national match.us site and the Geissle's are very well thought of.

While I haven't tried one myself, Jewell and JP so far, I wouldn't hesitate to put one in.

I'm thinking its a good move for you.
FWIW
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Stork

I think your right. I'm so tired of the original trigger, that this new one feels perfect. Could be I'm just overly thrilled with it, but I doubt it. We'll see in a day or two if I made a good choice.

Y

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:57 pm

It's not over excitement. A two-stage trigger has a far better feeling than the original single-stage trigger.

R,
Bullseye

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Update

Post by Yleefox » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:32 pm

Well, I made it to the range today to give the new trigger a work out. It took a bit of getting used to the two stage pull, but once I became comfortable with it, it was good to go. Nice, smooth, and soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the stock trigger.

My recommendation for those that are sick and tired of the poor factory AR trigger is to replace it with a high quality trigger and never look back.

Yleefox