New Gun-Ban Bill

The place to discuss AR style or other tactical rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:20 am

Cheaper than dirt had used GI mags in stock......... Only $130 each! :shock:
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

greener

Post by greener » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:32 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:Cheaper than dirt had used GI mags in stock......... Only $130 each! :shock:
I have a birthday coming up, five or six would be nice.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:34 pm

greener wrote:
bgreenea3 wrote:Cheaper than dirt had used GI mags in stock......... Only $130 each! :shock:
I have a birthday coming up, five or six would be nice.

if I loved you that much I would........ :P

-John Wayne

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:39 am

hopefully all this insanity will come to an end, but I think this will live a little longer then it did 4 years ago. As far as the mag, my twenty's will have to do, it they become illegal, Hakaman might get shut down this summer. I can still use my bob sled (20 rd version!) for slow fire shooting.
Haka

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:55 pm

You may have to arrange financing for those birthday magazines at the rate they're climbing.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:33 am

Bullseye wrote:You may have to arrange financing for those birthday magazines at the rate they're climbing.

R,
Bullseye
Their value is increasing faster than precious metals so they sound like an investment you should mortgage the farm for.

My DPMS came with 2 30-round mags. I didn't like them with my sandbag rest, so I bought a couple 20-round mags ($8/each). They work much better for shooting off a rest. Had I known that the price of magazines was going up like this, I'd have made a much deeper investment in magazines to help those who need them at any price. I'm hard pressed to come up with scenarios that I will need more than 100 rounds in magazines.

Just to make it interesting, New York has decided on a limit of 7 rounds (even the police), there is a national push for 10 rounds max and one of the gun control bills in the VA legislature is a 20-round max. Sort of reinforces the lack of logic behind the push.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:05 pm

Current legislative thinking is everyone wants to do something, even when doing nothing makes more sense. It is like a cup of water added into the ocean, it won't change anything because the real problems are being glossed over and overlooked.

Remember, a committee is a group of people who singularly can do nothing and together decide unanimously that nothing can be done.

R,
Bullseye

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:47 pm

greener wrote: Their value is increasing faster than precious metals so they sound like an investment you should mortgage the farm for.

My DPMS came with 2 30-round mags. I didn't like them with my sandbag rest, so I bought a couple 20-round mags ($8/each). They work much better for shooting off a rest. Had I known that the price of magazines was going up like this, I'd have made a much deeper investment in magazines to help those who need them at any price. I'm hard pressed to come up with scenarios that I will need more than 100 rounds in magazines.

Just to make it interesting, New York has decided on a limit of 7 rounds (even the police), there is a national push for 10 rounds max and one of the gun control bills in the VA legislature is a 20-round max. Sort of reinforces the lack of logic behind the push.
I carry 6 30 round mags and 2 20's, and a couple extra pistol mags in my patrol car, in my "active shooter" or "go" bag... It's nice to have extra ammo for me or someone I work with just in case. Since I have them, I won't ever need them, but if I didn't I'm sure I would.

I'm glad NY cops are limited in rounds to what the bad people carry I'm sure they won't ever carry an evil large cap magazine to commit a crime now its illegal. Kind of like gun free zones making us safer......
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=C0vyxgJL ... 0vyxgJLJVA

-John Wayne

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:21 pm

According to what I read, NY police are not limited to the 7 rounds:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01 ... or-police/

Poor drafting didn't explicitly exempt LEOs, but a later clarification was given.

If the "spirit" of the legislation is taken at face value, however, LEOs should be subject to the limit. The idea that's given is to limit the amount of damage one person can cause, LEOs are people, and as such, are not exempt from developing mental illness, corruption, etc. But, of course, I believe this is about citizen control, hence LEOs are not subject to the limit of 7 rounds.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:34 pm

I think it can be summed up best the way I have heard you folks, and others, say.
'Laws only apply to the lawful, not the outlaws.'