Evil Black Rifle????? NOPE!

The place to discuss AR style or other tactical rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

User avatar
bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:35 pm
Location: SW Michigan

Evil Black Rifle????? NOPE!

Postby bgreenea3 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:27 am

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =322196026


Excuse me while ii drool on my keyboard....... :shock: :thumbs up:
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

User avatar
blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor
Posts: 1996
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 10:31 pm
Location: Piney Woods of East Texas

Postby blue68f100 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Sweet.. :P
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

User avatar
Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor
Posts: 1931
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:51 pm
Location: detroit, michigan

Postby Hakaman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:57 pm

That's a beautiful 'black rifle'. I'm not a gun collector, but I collect the guns I like
to shoot at the range though. I think "what would I use this ar for"? I'd feel
uncomfortable shooting it at the range lest I put a ding in it or something.
Just the same, I'm happy with my RRA's LAR-15. I will be much happier
when I realize i'll be able to shoot it this summer in the service rifle league
without it becoming against the law.

User avatar
bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:35 pm
Location: SW Michigan

Postby bgreenea3 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:48 am

Yes Haka, I agree. but what a work of art.....
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."



-John Wayne

User avatar
Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:35 pm

Postby Georgezilla » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Hakaman wrote: I will be much happier
when I realize i'll be able to shoot it this summer in the service rifle league
without it becoming against the law.


Good reason to stay politically active and insure that you let your representatives know how you feel about having your rights stripped away.

User avatar
bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:35 pm
Location: SW Michigan

Postby bgreenea3 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:30 pm

If the recent surge in firearm and NORMAL CAPACITY MAGAZINE sales, the response from gun owners/NRA/other gun rights groups, and actual crime Stats don't send a message to Washington nothing will. If it does pass I foresee a supreme court case in our future......
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."



-John Wayne

greener

Postby greener » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:04 pm

My kind of gun, but...

The but is I'd pick it up and take it to the range for a couple hundred rounds (if I could afford $26k for the rifle, surely I could afford a couple hundred rounds of .308)

It is an assault rifle, therefore evil and will soon be banned. Terrible thing to do to a piece of art like that.

User avatar
Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host
Posts: 6370
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:23 pm
Location: USA

Postby Bullseye » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:05 am

bgreenea3 wrote:If the recent surge in firearm and NORMAL CAPACITY MAGAZINE sales, the response from gun owners/NRA/other gun rights groups, and actual crime Stats don't send a message to Washington nothing will. If it does pass I foresee a supreme court case in our future......


They're not going by statistics but instead feeding off of emotions and hysteria of how guns are bad. These folks have just been biding their time waiting for an incident just as this to push their agendas and gain sympathy to their cause.

R,
Bullseye
Image

greener

Postby greener » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:40 am

I think the M16 magazines were initially 20 rounds and were increased to 30. So the 30 round mags are "high capacity." As Bullseye said, it is an emotional issue that the anti-gunners were waiting to use when they got a suitable tragedy. I heard that the Newtown madman wasn't expending all rounds in his high capacity magazines before replacing them. So much for hi-cap mags.

Remember
You don't need high capacity clips to hunt.
You don't need the 55gr .22 bullet doing 2500-3000 fps to hunt, it is much to powerful to use for hunting.
You don't need a firearm that looks like a military firearm. (Best I can tell that covers every firearm made because they all look like firearms once used by the military: revolvers, semi-auto, bolt action, clip feed, magazine fed.)
We are not for taking your guns, we just want reasonable gun control laws and will decide what you need.

User avatar
bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:35 pm
Location: SW Michigan

Postby bgreenea3 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:50 am

greener wrote:I think the M16 magazines were initially 20 rounds and were increased to 30. So the 30 round mags are "high capacity." As Bullseye said, it is an emotional issue that the anti-gunners were waiting to use when they got a suitable tragedy. I heard that the Newtown madman wasn't expending all rounds in his high capacity magazines before replacing them. So much for hi-cap mags.

Remember
You don't need high capacity clips to hunt.
You don't need the 55gr .22 bullet doing 2500-3000 fps to hunt, it is much to powerful to use for hunting.
You don't need a firearm that looks like a military firearm. (Best I can tell that covers every firearm made because they all look like firearms once used by the military: revolvers, semi-auto, bolt action, clip feed, magazine fed.)
We are not for taking your guns, we just want reasonable gun control laws and will decide what you need.


you forgot black powder arms......



well lets start stripping all of our constituional rights they are "old and archaic " anyhow.

who needs freedom of speach, religion, freedom from government search and seizures, speedy trials, protection from self incrimination, etc etc etc
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."



-John Wayne

User avatar
Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor
Posts: 1931
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:51 pm
Location: detroit, michigan

Postby Hakaman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:21 pm

Do you read the article about the shooting with a shotgun?
You'll notice the article includes a recap of Sandy Hook.
Ban shotguns?
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/hig ... 12601.html

greener

Postby greener » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:58 am

And what does that have to do with Sandy Hook? other a potential copy-cat, being in a gun-free zone and probably a drug-free zone. I suppose those signs are equal to magic crystals that put out wards to prevent evil from crossing the line.

User avatar
Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host
Posts: 6370
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:23 pm
Location: USA

Postby Bullseye » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:04 am

Plus, California already has all those proposed post-Sandy Hook gun control legislative points Biden's pushing enacted into their laws for decades and it didn't prevent an incident like this from happening within their state.

R,
Bullseye
Image

greener

Postby greener » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:21 am

Bullseye wrote:Plus, California already has all those proposed post-Sandy Hook gun control legislative points Biden's pushing enacted into their laws for decades and it didn't prevent an incident like this from happening within their state.

R,
Bullseye


I seem to recall that the number of incidents like this has decreased during the almost doubling of firearms. I'm not sure about California with its very restrictive laws.

Feinstein's bill seems to be California with "deficency" corrections such as eliminating the bullet button loop hole. They cite lots of statistics and say we have to do something. Haven't heard them predict how their "do something" will affect the statistics.

Maybe it's really video games doing this.

User avatar
blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor
Posts: 1996
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 10:31 pm
Location: Piney Woods of East Texas

Postby blue68f100 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:47 am

In the news last night there is proposed TX bill to Allow and Train School Facility to be armed. This to me would be the best solution since most of these shooting happen in a NO GUN ZONE.
David



SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips

Custom Built 1911


Return to “Black Rifle Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest