Kahr PM9

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:48 pm

glockeyed wrote:i carry a SS MK9 daily. i wish the trigger was a little more glock-like instead of revolver-like. seems most issues i have seen, or read deal with the 40 cal versions. my buddy constantly has issue although i think its mag related.

mine seems to run like a glock. dirty and dry i know it will fire 13rds. since thats all i have on me. :lol:

i bought mine because its thin!
Glockeyed, those MK models are a bit heavy (about 26oz loaded). How do you carry it? Any problems relating to the weight of the pistol? How is the comfort?

Thanks.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:20 am

I was carrying a J frame in .38+P, but switched back to my favorite as it just sets moree comfortably and I like BIG bullets. Back to the SA Micro in a hip pocket holster, even 32 ounces loaded.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Back to the SA Micro in a hip pocket holster, even 32 ounces loaded.
It's hard to beat a 45 for ripping big holes in targets. You say you keep the Micro in your front hip pocket? What holster do you use, OM?
Haka

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Hakaman wrote:
Back to the SA Micro in a hip pocket holster, even 32 ounces loaded.
It's hard to beat a 45 for ripping big holes in targets. You say you keep the Micro in your front hip pocket? What holster do you use, OM?
Haka
It's an Andrews pocket holster, primarily intended for the right hand side pocket and it does work well there if that is where you want to carry. It also works well for me in the right hip pocket as that is where I am used to carrying and us old guys do not want to have to think, "where the Hell is my gun" in a stressful situation.

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:19 am

Thanks for sharing, OM. .45 pocket carry? You must have sturdy pockets, OM :lol:

I suppose 26 ounces loaded isn't that bad. I know the G26/27 is a very popular carry piece and both weigh about 26 ounces loaded.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:57 am

Georgezilla wrote:Thanks for sharing, OM. .45 pocket carry? You must have sturdy pockets, OM :lol:

I suppose 26 ounces loaded isn't that bad. I know the G26/27 is a very popular carry piece and both weigh about 26 ounces loaded.
Been retired since 1995 when I was 63, don't wear fancy clothes, got no one to impress. Just wear jeans and not the designer kind either, just the old everyday workmans jeans and they have sturdy pockets. The Micro loaded and holstered goes a little over 33 ounces. Been carrying it that way for a long time now. Carry the J frame in the same pocket in another holster but the Micro is more comfortable as it is flatter. Sometimes I will carry the SA V-10, it goes another 8 or 9 ounces and I really do notice that.Image

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

pocket Micro

Post by Coach1 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:15 pm

A cocked and locked .45 in a pocket... Now that is a no nonsense declaration. "I refuse to be a victim" The holster looks good too, OM.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

bearandoldman

Re: pocket Micro

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Coach1 wrote:A cocked and locked .45 in a pocket... Now that is a no nonsense declaration. "I refuse to be a victim" The holster looks good too, OM.
The only way to travel and the only safe way to carry a 1911 and have it ready for quick use. Too old to run, too old to fight, too old to take a butt kicking, what else is there? If I am ever forced to use it. I want something that will get the job done right.

glockeyed

Post by glockeyed » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Georgezilla wrote:
glockeyed wrote:i carry a SS MK9 daily. i wish the trigger was a little more glock-like instead of revolver-like. seems most issues i have seen, or read deal with the 40 cal versions. my buddy constantly has issue although i think its mag related.

mine seems to run like a glock. dirty and dry i know it will fire 13rds. since thats all i have on me. :lol:

i bought mine because its thin!
Glockeyed, those MK models are a bit heavy (about 26oz loaded). How do you carry it? Any problems relating to the weight of the pistol? How is the comfort?

Thanks.
i think its mostly in the belt. i have carried a bunch of different guns. the only one i noticed as "heavy" was a para-ordnance P-13. the last 3 guns i have carried was a SS fullsize 1911, Glock 19, and browning HiPo. weight wasn't the issue with them, more size

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:37 pm

That is a nice looking holster, sturdy too.
Haka

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:24 am

Hakaman wrote:That is a nice looking holster, sturdy too.
Haka
Pretty much, just plain, simple and effective. It is a nice piece of leather though.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:31 am

bearandoldman wrote:
Georgezilla wrote:Thanks for sharing, OM. .45 pocket carry? You must have sturdy pockets, OM :lol:

Been retired since 1995 when I was 63, don't wear fancy clothes, got no one to impress. Just wear jeans and not the designer kind either, just the old everyday workmans jeans and they have sturdy pockets. The Micro loaded and holstered goes a little over 33 ounces. Been carrying it that way for a long time now. Carry the J frame in the same pocket in another holster but the Micro is more comfortable as it is flatter. Sometimes I will carry the SA V-10, it goes another 8 or 9 ounces and I really do notice that.Image
If I'm ever up that way, or anywhere, I'm not gonna "tee off" any OM's.
Haka

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:40 am

Haka. not sure if we even let people from your area into our county, unusually we make the stop in Flint.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:49 am

Haka. not sure if we even let people from your area into our county, unusually we make the stop in Flint.
Did I just get a shot? Hmm, Flint is a place I'd like to stay out of, it's worse then Det"riot".
68 degrees and sunny in the Northern parts of Detroit today !
Haka

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Hakaman wrote:
Did I just get a shot? Hmm, Flint is a place I'd like to stay out of, it's worse then Det"riot".
68 degrees and sunny in the Northern parts of Detroit today !
Haka
You said a mouthful there. If I went to Detroit I would make a long detour to get aound Flint for sure. Maybe get there by way of Canada or go West and then back East?