Factory Ruger 30 Round Mini 14 Magazines???

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

billt

Factory Ruger 30 Round Mini 14 Magazines???

Post by billt » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:45 pm

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.a ... =123361685

If this is legit we may soon have 30 round Ruger factory magazines available for Ruger Mini 14's. Bill T.

lucam
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by lucam » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:48 am

Cool!

The other day my roommate offered me a dozen AR15 30 round magazines. I had to say no! The laws out here prevent any sort of transfer. :(

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:02 am

lucam wrote:Cool!

The other day my roommate offered me a dozen AR15 30 round magazines. I had to say no! The laws out here prevent any sort of transfer. :(
I feel for you guys in the Land of Arnold.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

lucam
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by lucam » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:15 pm

When I moved out here for work I was excited that California is a concealed carry state, however, in San Diego county it is near impossible to obtain a permit.

I'm moving back to Wisconsin in a few weeks, no CC there either.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:14 am

lucam wrote:When I moved out here for work I was excited that California is a concealed carry state, however, in San Diego county it is near impossible to obtain a permit.

I'm moving back to Wisconsin in a few weeks, no CC there either.
Oldest son has a summer home on a lake near Iron River MI. When we take a trip up there from Saginaw there are 2 routes to take. One goes directly through Iron Mountain and the highway takes you through Spread Eagle and Florence WI, I try to avoid that route by heading North before there so I do not do an illegal carry. Not paying attention a couple of time I did do an illegal carry through the land of the Cheeseheads.

lucam
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by lucam » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Recently, there was an interesting court case where a West Allis man was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct because he was planting a tree. He had a holstered gun, open carry. The cops did a full felony arrest.

The man, Brad Krause, was found not guilty. When the officers were questioned about their arrest tactics, one officer replied, "because he had a gun."

Wisconsin, despite the amount of sportsmen, shooters, and hunters, is not a gun friendly state.

http://www.lakelandtimes.com/main.asp?S ... cleID=9125

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:39 pm

lucam wrote:Recently, there was an interesting court case where a West Allis man was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct because he was planting a tree. He had a holstered gun, open carry. The cops did a full felony arrest.

The man, Brad Krause, was found not guilty. When the officers were questioned about their arrest tactics, one officer replied, "because he had a gun."

Wisconsin, despite the amount of sportsmen, shooters, and hunters, is not a gun friendly state.

http://www.lakelandtimes.com/main.asp?S ... cleID=9125
Technically, open carry is legal in Michigan, but do it around other people or especially some LEO's and you will be doing a lot of explaining. Local township police by my gun club are gun and gun club friendly and all around nice guys. In Michigan, concealed means just that and keep it that way. Never leave home without one and usually two. Remember, the fastest reload is a second gun.

Hi Ball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hi Ball » Sun May 31, 2009 11:49 am

Bill-T......Yes, I have seen one of those magazines shown to me over the counter but I could NOT purchase it at that time. They do have plenty of 20 around mags for $40 bucks a pop.....Crying out LOUD!!!

One can not shoot the mini Ruger laying down in the prone position very well, unless your shooting up in the sky perhaps. I'll take 2 back to back 20 rounds anyday for my Ruger mini-14.

billt

Post by billt » Sun May 31, 2009 12:13 pm

I agree. The cost of them is the contributing factor which makes them out of bounds. 2, 20 rounders is a much better deal. I don't understand why Ruger charges so much for them, other than the fact they can, and because so many aftermarket Ruger Hi-Cap magazines are so damn troublesome to the point of being worthless. Bill T.

Hi Ball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hi Ball » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:59 pm

Now have you ever tried to shoot a rifle from the prone position with a 30 round clip? It is NOT EASY!!! I'll take 2 of those 20 rd clips back to back any day you betcha. :D 8)