22/45 Slingshot Mod

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

johnnywitt
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

22/45 Slingshot Mod

Postby johnnywitt » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:18 pm

So, to do the slingshot mod on my new MKII 22/45 all I need to do is clean the preservative oil off of the relavent parts and then just take out the detent ball and the associated little spring? Then, make sure the bolt latch will gravity drop. Is this correct? I'm pretty used to slingshoting the bolts/slides on my RF pistols, so I need to do this mod so I can get to enjoying my new pistol.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bullseye » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:20 pm

Yes, that's all there is to it. http://guntalk-online.com/2245detailstripping.htm#ssmod

R,
Bullseye

johnnywitt
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby johnnywitt » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:20 pm

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Postby Bullseye » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:12 am

The metal framed Ruger's have a spring and plunger to force the bolt release downward. The 22/45's do not have this feature and thus were designed with the detent ball to prevent the lever from moving freely on its own. There could be some situations where having the bolt release free ranging may pose a problem but not target shooting.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Postby bearandoldman » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:37 am

You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

johnnywitt
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby johnnywitt » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:08 pm

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Postby Bullseye » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:59 pm

The bolt stop is not a restricted part. One can usually dress up the edge back to 90 degrees with a file if the latch becomes worn.

I have done some thorough testing with the 22/45 slingshot mod and unless you plan on shooting upside down, the chances of inadvertent latching is extremely small.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Postby bearandoldman » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:04 pm

greener

Postby greener » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:39 pm

I meant to do that when I had mine apart and neglected to do so. I just pull the bolt back and press down on the bolt stop lever before I let go. Works fine, but I'll get around to doing this someday.

bearandoldman

Postby bearandoldman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:51 am

johnnywitt
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby johnnywitt » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:10 pm

bearandoldman

Postby bearandoldman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:45 pm

johnnywitt
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby johnnywitt » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:17 pm

bearandoldman

Postby bearandoldman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:24 pm

greener

Postby greener » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:25 pm

Return to “Technical Forum”