New to me Mk I

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bullseye » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:01 am

Not necessarily. The bullet's path could be erratic as it exits the crown but not getting deflected off of the axis of travel and causing keyholes, that is a very extreme wobble.

R,
Bullseye

greener
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby greener » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:23 am

Can you post a picture or two of your groups.

mark II
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby mark II » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:21 pm

Sorry can't post pics now. I can tell you that I went last night and shot some groups and two came in under a dime and that's what I was looking for. I had one that had a 1 1/2 in. vertical string to it so that was me. I had another that had seven shots touching and the other three 1/2 in. out around the group. My thinking know is with a reddot I won't get a true reading. Even with the dot turned down to one. I am going to borrow a scope and put that on my pistol for testing, on of these days.
On a side note I tried some CCI Green Tag last night and that didn't do any better than the S/V which is good because I have heard S/V going for $60.00 a brick so Green Tag would be double that now.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Postby Bullseye » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:10 pm

What you may be experiencing right now is a slight parallax error in the dot scope. The best way to examine the barrel grouping is in a Randsom Rest.

R,
Bullseye

mark II
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby mark II » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:53 am

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Postby Bullseye » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:58 pm

Return to “Technical Forum”