Gun Juice

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Gun Juice

Post by Hakaman » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Has anybody used this product, Microlon Gun Juice? I was having lunch with some shooting buds today and they swear by the stuff.
http://www.microlon.com/gun_metal_treatment.php

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:13 am

I have not. I had a friend that was using a dry film lubricant on a M9 and it pretty much wore out the rails due to lack of lubricant. Then I asked if his friend was using a Glock and he said yes. Lubrication requirements differ between guns. They are probably OK for a carry gun, but if you go to the range with it you need to add oil.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:55 am

blue68f100 wrote:I have not. I had a friend that was using a dry film lubricant on a M9 and it pretty much wore out the rails due to lack of lubricant. Then I asked if his friend was using a Glock and he said yes. Lubrication requirements differ between guns. They are probably OK for a carry gun, but if you go to the range with it you need to add oil.
The guys that are using it were using it in their barrels, and claim the gun juice fills in all the nooks and crannies in the lands and rifling to provide a smoother, less friction, barrel. They testify that they have to make minor adjustments to their sights to accommodate the less friction, and better accuracy that results. Also claims of extended barrel life are documented.
Haka