GTO is unique and appreciated

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Post by greener » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:09 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:
bigfatdave wrote:
Bullseye wrote: Sounds like a backhanded reference to the average age of our membership.
I suspect that I'm the youngest regular poster sometimes.
thats probably me! :roll: we know it ain't BOAM!

and i think the GTO is an awesome muscle car..... :wink:
You were only a distant gleam when they made the last real goat. Glad I'm not one of the codgers around here. :arrow: :lol:

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Greener, you are getting there, and rapidly.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:49 pm

Waited a while so the oldest, most feeble members would be able to reply....... :lol:

Seriously, I appreciate everyone's maturity here. I'm no spring chicken myself. I don't see a lot of "way cool", "rad" or "awesome" comments here like on some other groups. I don't think there has been even one post about a malfunctioning video game ruining someone's day.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:54 pm

ruger22 wrote:Waited a while so the oldest, most feeble members would be able to reply....... :lol:

Seriously, I appreciate everyone's maturity here. I'm no spring chicken myself. .
Thanks bud, appreciate that, and actually I believe I may have children about your age? :lol:

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:39 pm

bearandoldman wrote:Thanks bud, appreciate that, and actually I believe I may have children about your age? :lol:
If you got started early. I just made 54 candles on my cake.

I'll bet your children turned out fine, too. I don't think you would let them get away with anything less....... :wink:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:08 pm

ruger22 wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:Thanks bud, appreciate that, and actually I believe I may have children about your age? :lol:
If you got started early. I just made 54 candles on my cake.

I'll bet your children turned out fine, too. I don't think you would let them get away with anything less....... :wink:
Oldest son and our oldest, was 52 last August. My shooting bud here in town is 53, we have a lot of good times at the range, as he is retired on a =disability and I have been retired for some time now.

lucam
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by lucam » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 pm

I'm 26 and a GM guy, guess I should leave....

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:03 pm

lucam wrote:I'm 26 and a GM guy, guess I should leave....
No problem, we tolerate youngsters, I have grandchildren your age. We also accept cheese heads as my oldest daughter just move to just north of Milwaukee, hope them Packers do the Steelers in. All we have in Michigan is the Lions and the last good teams they had was before they even had a Superbowl.

lucam
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by lucam » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:26 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
No problem, we tolerate youngsters, I have grandchildren your age. We also accept cheese heads as my oldest daughter just move to just north of Milwaukee, hope them Packers do the Steelers in. All we have in Michigan is the Lions and the last good teams they had was before they even had a Superbowl.
I'm just north of Milwaukee! In Grafton. It's a great place. Despite the midwest football rivalry, I always hope someone from our area goes to the super-bowl!

greener

Post by greener » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:36 pm

lucam wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:
I'm just north of Milwaukee! In Grafton. It's a great place. Despite the midwest football rivalry, I always hope someone from our area goes to the super-bowl!
I thoroughly enjoyed "vacationing" in Wisconsin, even though the vacations were at Ft. McCoy. :lol:

greener

Post by greener » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:36 pm

For you car buffs, try this site

http://www.carlustblog.com/

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:37 pm

lucam wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:
Naw, stick around. Its good to have younger folks around. Age is just a state of mind anyway (except for sore spots all over the body :roll: )
I have a 22 yr old granddaughter that I wish would get on here and maybe learn some common sense,etc. Also, It's good to have younger folks on here to help jog the memory a little. There is stuff in the memory that is burried so deep, its just hard to find sometimes. Sort of like an older computer that has too much stuff stored in memory, takes a while to search all the data and find it.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:33 pm

well I'm 32 and own 2 chevys (05 tahoe and 50 sedan that I wish I had time to wor on) and a 13 y/o pontiac..... you are fine

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:25 am

We need someone to keep our mind sharp and working. As they say if you don't use it you will loose it.

My son is older than you......

Now why would you want to leave. Just look at all the old knowledgeable folks you will be missing out on. Now if I could remember where I left my glasses :lol:

My short term memory has never been any good but long term OK.

Now my dad turns 89 this summer and is sharper than a tack. He has good mobility and most of the Dr's he has seen say they have seen 20 yr old's not as sharp as him. Which does not say much for our youth. All of this modern technology doesn't work the mind, unless your the one making it work. All you need to do is ask the question and the internet will find the answer for you, but it may not always be right.

Stay around, we need someone to pass our knowledge too before we forget it.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911