Ammo Hoarders and Scaremongers--Chill Please!!!

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:35 pm

I finally scored some Winchester Bulk tuesday at Sports Acadmey. This is the only bulk I have found in the last 2 mo of looking. I was out and about and just decided to check, got lucky. They just got a shipment of ammo the night before. I took 5 boxes, since I still have 5 boxes on BO at Cabellas. At least now I will have some ammo to shoot this summer.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

greener

Post by greener » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:31 pm

Tried to shoot up some Winchester HV, but with a single six, it takes a while.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:28 am

greener wrote:Tried to shoot up some Winchester HV, but with a single six, it takes a while.
That is why they make 15 shot pumps and lever guns, everyone should have at least one of each.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:40 am

bearandoldman wrote:
greener wrote:Tried to shoot up some Winchester HV, but with a single six, it takes a while.
That is why they make 15 shot pumps and lever guns, everyone should have at least one of each.
Yeah, "Load on Sunday and shoot all week." With the single six it's "Load all week and shoot on Sunday." But it is the quality of the shots that count. At least I keep telling myself that and one of these days I'm going to accidentally have some quality shots.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:41 am

greener wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:
Yeah, "Load on Sunday and shoot all week." With the single six it's "Load all week and shoot on Sunday." But it is the quality of the shots that count. At least I keep telling myself that and one of these days I'm going to accidentally have some quality shots.
I'm getting to old to wait for the quality shots, that is why I switched to quantity. Now if I could just get a magazine tube extension, but then the gun may get a little muzzle heavy.

greener

Post by greener » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:01 pm

Maybe you could get a drum feed for the tube assembly, and a tripod to hold it all up.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:08 pm

greener wrote:Maybe you could get a drum feed for the tube assembly, and a tripod to hold it all up.
Maybe something with a vibratory feeder and I can just dump in a 550 box and start shooting.Bigger target carriers with many targets on them, sounds lkie fun to me. And besides I will be getting rid of that hoarded ammo.

greener

Post by greener » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:35 pm

Wonder if a funnel on the tube would make putting 15 in faster.