Ammo Hoarders and Scaremongers--Chill Please!!!

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Thu May 07, 2009 6:43 pm

Bullseye wrote:They say only the good die young, so I guess that means I've got a long life ahead of me. :D

R,
Bullseye
I think that holds true for a lot of us. I think tomorrow will take Henry out and we will throw some of that hoarded ammo into the dirt pile.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Fri May 08, 2009 2:20 am

I'm glad that you are up to speed again, Bullseye.

It seems that every Wal-Mart in my area has a new store policy: customers are limited to 6 ammunition purchases per day. It seems that this new policy is from the Wal-Mart big cheeses in my area. One of the employees informed me that before, the policies were just pushed to the in-store management by the floor workers. Apparently they kept telling the manager they didn't like having to turn away every customer for weeks, because one customer bought every case they had, finally the manager budged. He also told me that one customer argued with him for 15 minutes that a case of ammo should be considered one purchase. Sorry, BOM, if it is the same in your area this might damper your ability to hoard :lol:

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Fri May 08, 2009 10:09 am

It seems that many who were wiping out WW shelves were then reselling to those not lucky enough to be in a Walmart when the shipment came in.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri May 08, 2009 11:16 am

Proabably go out this afternnoon and get rid of a couple hunred rounds of that ammo so I wwill not be considered a hoarder.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri May 08, 2009 6:37 pm

bearandoldman wrote:Proabably go out this afternnoon and get rid of a couple hunred rounds of that ammo so I wwill not be considered a hoarder.
Be sure to clean the barrel thoroughly when you're through getting rid of those rounds. :D

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri May 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Bullseye wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:Proabably go out this afternnoon and get rid of a couple hunred rounds of that ammo so I wwill not be considered a hoarder.
Be sure to clean the barrel thoroughly when you're through getting rid of those rounds. :D

R,
Bullseye
Just did a short sessin but got Henry pretty well sighted in, trying to use POA=POI hold but it is not working the best. May have to go to a modified 6 o'clock hold. As far as barrel clening that is somthing I rarely dol can not see fixing things that ain't broke.

Dri-Wash

Post by Dri-Wash » Fri May 08, 2009 9:51 pm

Went to Wally World tonight and they are out of 22lr bulk..all types.....they did have a lot of CCI....did find four boxes of Win, 37gr. HP...3.97 box 50,,,I have not shot those in the MK II so maybe I will give them a try...The fed. HV shot great....Oh The Eley target 22 came in today so I will shoot those in the morning......

The guy behind the counter told me that last night he had 10 bricks of 22lr and that at about 7:00 the sold all of them.....there was a sign that stated only six boxes of ammo per customer.....he said is was getting so bad at some people would come and and buy all of one type of cal. even if is cost them 2 to 3 hundred dollars.....just crazy.....

Tom

greener

Post by greener » Thu May 14, 2009 10:06 pm

I was in North Carolina on one of my dump visits and stopped by the Wallyworld in my hometown. They actually had some (rifle) ammo and a few boxes of CCI .22's. Shelves didn't seem as bare as those around Richmond. They also had rifles and shotguns. Most of the Walmarts around Richmond went out of the gun business a couple years ago. They even had a Henry. I'm heading back to the dump next week and will assess my needs for a Henry until then.

smokey
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by smokey » Fri May 15, 2009 5:51 am

greener wrote:I was in North Carolina on one of my dump visits and stopped by the Wallyworld in my hometown. They actually had some (rifle) ammo and a few boxes of CCI .22's. Shelves didn't seem as bare as those around Richmond. They also had rifles and shotguns. Most of the Walmarts around Richmond went out of the gun business a couple years ago. They even had a Henry. I'm heading back to the dump next week and will assess my needs for a Henry until then.
I live in NC and have been to several different Wallyworlds this week. The selection of ammo was very slim. There was no bulk 22 ammo. It is so hard to get that it makes you want to buy it all when they do get some. I have resisted doing that this far.

Smokey

greener

Post by greener » Fri May 15, 2009 6:12 am

I was thinking about making a Wally World tour between New Bern and Goldsboro along US 70 when I go to the landfill next week. Sounds like it would be a waste of time.

smokey
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by smokey » Fri May 15, 2009 6:34 am

greener wrote:I was thinking about making a Wally World tour between New Bern and Goldsboro along US 70 when I go to the landfill next week. Sounds like it would be a waste of time.
That's the basic area I am in. It has been hit and miss for sometime now. If they get a shipment in it doesn't last long. I check everytime I go by. I get lucky occasionally.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri May 15, 2009 8:10 am

greener wrote:I was thinking about making a Wally World tour between New Bern and Goldsboro along US 70 when I go to the landfill next week. Sounds like it would be a waste of time.
Rob, 2 weeks ago this coming Sunday I hit the WW here in town and hey had a least 6 of the Fed of which I bought my usual four, just enough for an old man to carry. They had a whole bunch of Rem GB, few boxes each of Win white box .45ACP, .38Spl and .40 S&W , a lot of rife ammo in various and a great amount of shotgun ammo. Have fun at the landfill.

greener

Post by greener » Fri May 15, 2009 6:11 pm

There was a rumor of a WalMart nearby with ammo, yesterday. Decided I wasn't in the mood after work to drop by. Trying to decide if I want to get up early in the AM and stand in line at the Richmond gun show to see if I can find some primers to hoard.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri May 15, 2009 6:22 pm

greener wrote:There was a rumor of a WalMart nearby with ammo, yesterday. Decided I wasn't in the mood after work to drop by. Trying to decide if I want to get up early in the AM and stand in line at the Richmond gun show to see if I can find some primers to hoard.
Well, if the weather is decent tomorrow or Sunday, I will take Henry and throw some more of that hoarded ammo into a pile of dirt.

greener

Post by greener » Sat May 16, 2009 3:28 pm

I definitely have the hoarding bug. Went to the Richmond gun show this morning. Got there 20 minutes before it opened and got in 35 minutes later. Made a dash to the T&T Reloading booth and stood in line for 45 minutes to get 1000 small pistol primers. While standing in line, I noticed they had bricks of Federal 510 ammo at a reasonable price, so I bought 4 of those and 500 9mm fmj bullets. I didn't ask about the price of primers, but he had upped the price by 10% since the last show.

I don't like standing in line, so today, I stood in line, not once but twice, and paid for the privilege of standing in line. Then I bought primers at a higher price than normal and .22 ammo at prices that were higher than I normally pay. I then went to the range, policed all the .45 brass I fired, 9mm brass others were firing and did some trash can diving when I noticed a guy tossing hs .45 colt brass away. hmm