Holiday Weekend Choices

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Holiday Weekend Choices

Post by greener » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:58 am

I hope everyone has a great time celebrating Independence day and any travel is safe.

I had two choices for the weekend.
A. Do some shooting, fishing, mess around the house and be generally disreputable.
B. Accompany SWMBO on one of her biweekly visits to my in-laws, a mere 300-mile drive and be a good son-in-law for three days.

The decision is a no-brainer and I'm about ready to start packing the car. Interstate travel and the opportunity to finish Vol. 2 and make a big dent into Vol 3 of Churchill's history of WWII is a much better choice than finding out if the new stock on Henry V is as good as the old one and to find out why I really needed this

I guess I'll have to wait another week to solve the mystery of which is better: 686 or GP100.

Downeaster
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Downeaster » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:20 am

If you REALLY had a choice, yer a better man than I am.

In my house that "choice" would have been "Come with me, or I'll make your life miserable for months to come..." :P

Nice looking 686! If you got one of the "good ones" you'll be tickled. Trigger will likely be nicer than the GP, but otherwise than that, I'll bet it's a toss-up and you'll be forced to keep them both. :D
An empty weapon is just a very expensive hammer.

greener

Post by greener » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:56 am

A friend would ask his wife if this were fun or required fun when she wanted him to go somewhere.