Sticking AK Bolt

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

AK47 Marksmen

Sticking AK Bolt

Post by AK47 Marksmen » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:05 am

What you think is the cause of AK bolt sticking at the last inch before its closed.

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:49 am

Welcome to GunTalk-Online!

I don't own an AK-47, or know anything about them, but I think the members here that do may need a bit more information to help, such as: what type of AK-47 is it, is it new, does it only stick when you manually cycle it, or does it stick during live fire also, has it been cleaned/oiled recently, does it have any after market parts?

recumbent
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by recumbent » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:01 am

first guess would be dirt.

Take it apart and give it a good cleaning use a bore brush and lots of solvent and clean the chamber area really good and the bore.

Lube it and try again.
"I seek not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions."
- Kwai Chang Caine -

AK47 Marksmen

Post by AK47 Marksmen » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:20 pm

Romanian made AK, I do clean it about every 6 months weather i have shot it or not. it does have aftermarket parts but its a Quad rail fore grip and a car 15 but stock. The bolt just sticks an inch from being closed all the way, and is a little ruff. The Assembly looks so clean an m16 would be happy

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:35 pm

Some of the ak's can have rough parts maybe a there is a rough spot in the track the bolt rides in... some careful polishing might do the trick.

MY ak does this if I let the bolt closed SLOWLY try letting it slam shut from the fully rearward position.