NICS Check Time

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:47 pm

greener wrote:I bet my name is similar enough to one they have on some list. I've had airline ticket agents reading all info on my driver's license into the phone just to for a ticket. Could be I'm getting mistaken for a real bad guy.
Also could be you are a really bad guy, but Bear thinks you are all right, he never trid to bite you or pee on your leg. :P :P
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:57 am

Bear knows your a good guy. Dogs can sense evil doers from the get go, they are experts at human observation.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:59 am

Bullseye wrote:Bear knows your a good guy. Dogs can sense evil doers from the get go, they are experts at human observation.

R,
Bullseye
And I depend on his judgement all the way.
Got to find a new place to post my pictures yahoogeocities my free web hosting shut down the other day, is photobucket good??

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:54 pm

I like picassa and photobucket for pics.

I son't have the slow nics check that greener has despite being related. it must be him that is the problem :wink:

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:47 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:I like picassa and photobucket for pics.

I son't have the slow nics check that greener has despite being related. it must be him that is the problem :wink:
I have Picassa on my main computer, will have to check into it. The elder Greener does have a shifty look about him, you must take after your mother, thankfully. When we are together Bear keeps an eye on him t lll times, even when napping, Bear not the Greener.

greener

Post by greener » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:06 pm

I couldn't get the right code to put a Picassa web photo up. Photobucket is easier to use.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:12 pm

greener wrote:I couldn't get the right code to put a Picassa web photo up. Photobucket is easier to use.
Me either, guess we wilkl go with phortbucket, Picasa is gooe for editing phots though I found out, will find out more with use.

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:41 pm

There is a web-based version of Picassa that is a pretty good hosting service, and a desktop-based version that is better for photo-editing.

http://picasaweb.google.com - you probably need a Google sign-in to use it, but that opens up GMail, Google Docs, and a slew of other "cloud computing" services you can access from any machine with a 'net connection.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:03 am

bigfatdave wrote:There is a web-based version of Picassa that is a pretty good hosting service, and a desktop-based version that is better for photo-editing.

http://picasaweb.google.com - you probably need a Google sign-in to use it, but that opens up GMail, Google Docs, and a slew of other "cloud computing" services you can access from any machine with a 'net .
Thanks tBFD, I do have a Google sign in as I do use gmila on occassion but infrequuently. Was able to posr a pic t the web, now just have to figure out the rest of the workings.

greener

Post by greener » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:34 am

I use picasa to organize photos and to send them via email. (You put up a web album and send the link.) Haven't figured out how to get the pics from picasa to something like this forum.

URL Link from Picasa

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/jQ ... directlink

as image

I also tried embedding the code, another picasa option and got nothing but code. I'm not sure how you get one from picasa web. If I did, I'd probably use that over photobucket.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:22 am

I have had about the same results as you have had. The link and albums stuff is good, do not think you cna do the other to a website forum.