We are being Invaded

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

We are being Invaded

Post by greener » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:07 pm

But we are responding

Sesquecentennial of the start of the Late Unpleasantness.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:02 am

My bride was at the Fort Sumter 150th celebration back on April 12th. Which reenactment battle were those shots from? I see a Zouave uniform in the Union picture.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:39 am

Quadricentennial of Henrico County, sequicentennial of the Late Unpleasantness. This was a county do to celebrate the Medal of Honor recipients from Henrico County. Included a re-enactment of the surrender of Richmond since it was the site of said surrender. This was yesterday. Today, there is the date of the battle of Ft. Harrison, with more cannons, infantry, etc, done by the National Parks Service.

Pretty good show. SWMBO was one of the County minions manning a booth on researching family history, so my attendance was a bit of required fun. Still, I managed to enjoy myself.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:33 am

Greener wrote:Quadricentennial of Henrico County, sequicentennial of the Late Unpleasantness.
At least you didn't say," The War of Northern Aggression" like many Southerners tend to do. I was once offered a co-authorship on a book that was to be titled the same. I politely declined the offer, citing my heart wasn't into a book on that subject matter, especially since I'm an Ohioan.

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:38 am

What is Santa Clause doing in the first picture. :lol:

I use to work with a guy that did the civil war reenactment. I would not want to be wearing those wool uniforms in 100F heat. I ended up make a shieth for his bayonet.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:42 am

You found Waldo! :D

R,
Bullseye