New Shooter

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

New Shooter

Post by greener » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Took a co-worker and daughter shooting this weekend. He had shot a long time ago and she (16-19?) had never fired one. I took a selection: .22's, 9mm, .38/357 and .45. We got her to the point that she was doing <4" groups at 7 yards. Dad, a non-shooter, did very well.

Favorite was the 1911. Both liked that better than the others. Dad wants a Glock 21, but I didn't have any Glocks.

Worked the young lady to the point that she needed a nap on the way home. After that she couldn't stop talking about all the fun she had shooting guns. May have made a convert.

Not sure if shooting or the fact that I was actually older than her grandfather, another co-worker, made the bigger impression.

I thoroughly enjoyed filling magazines.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Some days it all just comes together. You made life-long memories for that young lady.

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:36 am

Good to hear every one had a good time. Normally it's the 1st memory that has the most lasting impression. The young girl will remember this the rest of her life. Most people have their minds made up for them without first hand experience. She will not have that negative against guns and will probably convert some of her friends too.

It's always enjoyable when you have a good time at the range. I'm meeting up with a old friend this morning at the range. Have to pack extra ammo this trip.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:50 pm

She needed a nap, or did you need a nap afterwards???
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

greener

Post by greener » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:16 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:She needed a nap, or did you need a nap afterwards???
No, but I did rassle the recliner into submission and passed out from the effort.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:06 pm

A fine end to a fine day it sounds like
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne