That was you?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

That was you?

Post by greener » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Little things you do can have a positive impact.

Looking at upgrading my home security system, so I had a nice lady from ADT over. She kept talking about her Ruger so, we got to talking about guns. Turns out she was someone I taught to shoot a few years ago. She was part of a concealed carry class, was afraid of guns and was learning to shoot with a Blackhawk shooting .357's. And was not having a good day. I started her with a .22 and then moved her to the BH. By the end of the session she had qualified and both her and her son were having a great time.

They both shoot and have a great time shooting. She thanked me taking my time to help her. Nice to know you made a positive influence.

I wrote this up but can't find it.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:15 am

I like hearing stories like this. It what keeps our gun interest going. If we don't pass our knowledge on to other it will just die away.....
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:31 am

I can't imagine any newbie having a good day with a .357 Blackhawk. You getting her started right may save her, or someone else's, life some day. A very good deed, Greener!
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols