Jes' Jined-up

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

pgeobc

Jes' Jined-up

Post by pgeobc » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:16 pm

I have been lurking about this board for some time now, trying to figure out the general tone of things and it seemed like a good place to contribute.

I started reading about and drooling over firearms in the 1950s. Those were the days of mail-order firearms. I progressed through the sixties reading all of the pundits. They were a different crowd then and had different philosophies than the one do now.

I started reloading about 1960, loading paper shotgun shells with a one shell pound-in type loader. It was quite a thing when plastic shot collars became available. I started loading metallic cartridges in 1863 with a little RCBS Jr. press outfit.

During the late 1060s and on, I got into competitive shooting: mostly benchrest and 50 foot gallery. Then I did some Hi-power and so on until now.

At one time, I was an NRA CRI and had an NRA Junior Rifle Club. That was a lot of fun. I taught hunter safety courses before the latest craze caught on in the 1970s, too. Hunter Safety is a good thing.

Glad to help when I can.

greener

Post by greener » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Welcome to the forum

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:33 pm

:welcome

I belong to several forums, of different subjects, and I think you'll find the friendliest bunch of folks you could ever meet right here. This is the best forum on "gun talk" for sure............. :D

Sounds like you have a wealth of experience you can add, and it will be appreciated.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:16 pm

Welcome to the forum! We will appreciate all your contributions and knowledge sharing in the future.

R,
Bullseye

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Welcome

Post by stork » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:05 am

Welcome to the forum.

If you've been lurking you already are familiar with the tone established. I think the rest of us would agree.

Kind of reminds me of the welcome sign in my daughters town.
"Welcome to Velva, Home to 1300 Friendly People"
I keep thinking, (a new and novel experience) if I ever moved there they'd have to add: "And one grouchy old SOB"

Anyhoo, join in it's a good bunch of folks.
Al
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:38 pm

pgeobc,

Welcome to GTO

The best/friendliest group of members you will find anywhere.

Your reloading experience follows mine pretty close. Stated off on a Lee manual use a hammer and paper wads. The RCBS Jr. was my first press. I gave it to my neighbor several years ago to get him started.

btw, your age is probably the average for this forum. :wink:
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911