My LCR-22 will be replaced, by Christmas.......

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

My LCR-22 will be replaced, by Christmas.......

Post by ruger22 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:47 am

Finally got word from Ruger this morning that they consider my gun unrepairable, and will be sending me a replacement in aboout TWO WEEKS.... :shock:....That's about a month total to finally have a good gun.

This is the factory that makes them. CS is in the middle of the factory. I pointed that out. She said there is a lot of paperwork involved. I stayed polite, but was thinking that two week's paperwork would fill a filing cabinet.

Plus I have to drive 25 miles for the FFL that receives it, when BATFE regs say it's not necessary for an exact replacement. Then I have to get reimbursed for the $25 FFL fee, so now I'm thinking that will take a month, too.

I knew this would be the last Ruger my budget could do for a while, but if CS stays like this it may be my last Ruger period.

I've done the "Tell The CEO" bit, for whatever good that does. Ruger is getting more and more disappointing since Bill passed on.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols