Background Checks

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Background Checks

Post by greener » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:13 pm

To purchase a firearm in Virginia, you need two pieces of identification with your address on it: one with a picture such as your diver's license and then anything with your name and home address on it. You also fill out the federal NICS background form and the Virginia form. Today, I learned that the Virginia form wants to know if you are Hispanic or Non-hispanic in addition to other racial identification. I'm not sure why that's such an important piece of information.

Also, to purchase an "assault" rifle, you need your birth certificate, passport or voter registration card to prove you are a US citizen. I feel much better knowing that only US citizens who are residents of Virginia can buy dangerous assault rifles and folks like the Indian can buy less dangerous weapons like the semi-automatic Remington .308 he bought.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: Background Checks

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:27 pm

greener wrote:To purchase a firearm in Virginia, you need two pieces of identification with your address on it: one with a picture such as your diver's license and then anything with your name and home address on it. You also fill out the federal NICS background form and the Virginia form. Today, I learned that the Virginia form wants to know if you are Hispanic or Non-hispanic in addition to other racial identification. I'm not sure why that's such an important piece of information.

Also, to purchase an "assault" rifle, you need your birth certificate, passport or voter registration card to prove you are a US citizen. I feel much better knowing that only US citizens who are residents of Virginia can buy dangerous assault rifles and folks like the Indian can buy less dangerous weapons like the semi-automatic Remington .308 he bought.
Legislator/lawmakers, know the right stuff????????
I think I need a .45 Hi Point carbine now.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Re: Background Checks

Post by greener » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:12 pm

bearandoldman wrote: Legislator/lawmakers, know the right stuff????????
I think I need a .45 Hi Point carbine now.
They had a 9mm carbine. The couple I saw several years ago, shot pretty well. Went bang when you pulled the trigger and seemed to hit in the black at 25 yards.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:49 am

The 9mm Hi Point carbines are not long on looks but shoot pretty good. I know a fellow who's been cleaning up in the local club's tactical carbine rifle matches with his Hi Point.

R,
Bullseye

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:04 am

Hi Point carbines are UGLY, but reliable, reasonably accurate, and surprisingly comfortable.

Legislators pass more laws to look like they "do something" ... the percentage which are useful is vanishingly small. When it comes to arms, they're even more stupid and useless.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:18 am

bigfatdave wrote:Hi Point carbines are UGLY, but reliable, reasonably accurate, and surprisingly comfortable.

Legislators pass more laws to look like they "do something" ... the percentage which are useful is vanishingly small. When it comes to arms, they're even more stupid and useless.
Well said, especially the last statement.
We need more laws against gun so people do not get murdered, I thought the law against murder was on the books long ago. If they do not pay attention to that one, they are sure to ignore the one concerning guns.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:40 pm

By creating new laws they're solving problems, doesn't matter if the thing be regulated is already against another law. Politicians think, let's just make a new one.

R,
Bullseye

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 am

Same reason company managers are always changing rules and procedures, fixing something that ain't broke. The only way to justify their job's existance.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols