Gun control

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Gun control

Post by Hakaman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:37 am

Bob Costas advocates gun control. These type of liberal, out of touch with reality, know-it-alls are the real danger in this country.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ ... LycTlFXe64

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:11 pm

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, Bob Costas is a sports commentator if I am not mistaken. A sports commentator should not be bringing ANY issues such as gun-control up during a half time show. I would have been just as disappointed in him had he brought up abortion, legalizing marijuana, US foreign relations, ect.

As for the issue in general, Belcher was 6ft 2in 230lb athlete, I do not think he needed a firearm to commit the murder. To back up my opinion, I cite Chris Benoit, one of the WWE wrestlers I used to watch when I was a kid, he committed a double murder and then killed himself without using a firearm, here's a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Beno ... nd_suicide

In any case, my heart goes out to the families.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Evil does not reside in objects, but in evil people.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:30 am

I will seek out Bobby Costas' opinion on weaponry just like I seek out his opinion on motorcycle maintenance and selecting the proper shovel to move pig feces.

Just because someone has a microphone doesn't make their opinions worth listening to.

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:34 am

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:04 am

I especially like the 2nd article, bfd, that's right to the point. Instead of taking
responsibility for our own actions, our society wants to deflect the blame to something else.
If what BC said were true, nobody who uses a hg for murder would ever be guilty or punished.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:31 am

TG's Guntalk.com Tom gresham makes a very good counter point to "clueless costas"
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:14 pm

Good article bgreener

greener

Post by greener » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:47 am

Good links.

Belcher had a history of off the field violence. He spent the night before the shooting with another woman and had been drinking heavily. The heavy drinking was apparently not unusual. For whatever reason, when he was talking to his girl friend he lost control. The gun was the tool, but as has been said, he could have used anything including his bare hands. Maybe if it hadn't been for firearms only one of them would have been dead.

Costas used this tragedy to further his anti-gun belief. He had a national podium and seems not to have been able to resist the opportunity.

The Kansas City Star writer Costas quoted has gone on to equate the NRA with the KKK and Republicans because they put guns and medications into the hands of blacks.

The ghouls sure do seem to come out and take advantage of a tragedy.

And to make the obvious statement: I've never seen a firearm force anyone to do anything. I've also never seen one go off once, much less 9 times, without some human doing something to cause it. That includes accidental discharges. Belcher was responsible, not the pistol.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:17 pm

If he didn't have a handgun as 'the' method, he probably would have bludgeoned her or stabbed her to death then got into his garaged car and turned the engine on. Liberals should face the facts, he wanted to die and was bent on completing his mission.