Ammo at WalMart

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Ammo at WalMart

Post by greener » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Fellow in the local WalMart was refused sale of ammo this morning because he was openly carrying a firearm. I didn't have a problem buying ammo because she couldn't see the .380 in my pocket. I'm not sure if this is policy at all WalMarts.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:19 am

Could this be a moot point in the near future?

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: Ammo at WalMart

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:41 am

greener wrote:Fellow in the local WalMart was refused sale of ammo this morning because he was openly carrying a firearm. I didn't have a problem buying ammo because she couldn't see the .380 in my pocket. I'm not sure if this is policy at all WalMarts.
Don't see what difference that should make but,it is their store and their rules.. Don't get out in too many stores anymore but have not seen anyone doing an open carry other than at the range. I know it is legal to do so in MI, but when you get in the car it becomes concealed,, What Is The LEO point of view on that point? Must get a lot5of little grey haired old ladies wxcited and the 911 call rate must go uo to the max.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:22 pm

The LEO View on open carry is the same as gun control. It varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

For me, I have no problem with someone carrying openly but I work in a rural area, city cops opinions may vary. Also, I think just about everyone should own a gun and we are alll responsible for our own Securtiy/safety, and you can't expect a cop to be there to protect you at all times.

That being said Open carrying your hog leg will attract attention to you, and don't be suprised if a LEO wants to find out what you are up to. it will also attract attention of the Badguy standing behind you at the store, and make you a target to him.

thats why I would prefer CC to OC, in town. in the countryside I think OC is a better choice.

The open carry guys that bother me, as a gun owner, are the ones who think they are doing the rest of us a favor by antagonizing the police into "harassing them for no reason" .
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:27 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:The LEO View on open carry is the same as gun control. It varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

For me, I have no problem with someone carrying openly but I work in a rural area, city cops opinions may vary. Also, I think just about everyone should own a gun and we are alll responsible for our own Securtiy/safety, and you can't expect a cop to be there to protect you at all times.

That being said Open carrying your hog leg will attract attention to you, and don't be suprised if a LEO wants to find out what you are up to. it will also attract attention of the Badguy standing behind you at the store, and make you a target to him.

thats why I would prefer CC to OC, in town. in the countryside I think OC is a better choice.

The open carry guys that bother me, as a gun owner, are the ones who think they are doing the rest of us a favor by antagonizing the police into "harassing them for no reason" .
Youropinion andmine re pretty much the same.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:26 pm

OC is not allowed here in TX. So it would have attracted a lot of attention. I prefer having the surprise on my side.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

greener

Post by greener » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:12 pm

In Virginia OC is legal and not that uncommon. I prefer concealed carry because it attracts less attention. OC is not that big a deal unless you get into the situation where the carrier is pushing the fact that he carries. I sent bgreene a video a while back with some clown who openly carried his MAC11 into a Dick's Sporting goods (guns not allowed) and then wanted to pick a fight over right to carry with the officer Dick's called. I thought the officer did an exemplary job of talking to him. I thought the clown should have been arrested for being stupid in a public place among other things.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:27 pm

greener wrote:In Virginia OC is legal and not that uncommon. I prefer concealed carry because it attracts less attention. OC is not that big a deal unless you get into the situation where the carrier is pushing the fact that he carries. I sent bgreene a video a while back with some clown who openly carried his MAC11 into a Dick's Sporting goods (guns not allowed) and then wanted to pick a fight over right to carry with the officer Dick's called. I thought the officer did an exemplary job of talking to him. I thought the clown should have been arrested for being stupid in a public place among other things.
Being stupid in a public place is not against the law and is not uncommon, saw a lot of that in bars in my ypunger/stupider days.

greener

Post by greener » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:45 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
greener wrote:In Virginia OC is legal and not that uncommon. I prefer concealed carry because it attracts less attention. OC is not that big a deal unless you get into the situation where the carrier is pushing the fact that he carries. I sent bgreene a video a while back with some clown who openly carried his MAC11 into a Dick's Sporting goods (guns not allowed) and then wanted to pick a fight over right to carry with the officer Dick's called. I thought the officer did an exemplary job of talking to him. I thought the clown should have been arrested for being stupid in a public place among other things.
Being stupid in a public place is not against the law and is not uncommon, saw a lot of that in bars in my ypunger/stupider days.
It can be when you are lipping off to the nice policeman. Ask bgreene, rumor has it he has issued citations to people in their driveway.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:50 pm

greener wrote: It can be when you are lipping off to the nice policeman. Ask bgreene, rumor has it he has issued citations to people in their driveway.
I've arrested folks in their driveway... I chased one guy into his kitchen, and fought with him next to the open oven that was heating the home (he had a bunch of methamphetamine)
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne