Sandy Hook

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:27 pm

Georgezilla wrote:
Indeed, but as a steward of the 2nd amendment, and really freedom, you should look at it from the anti-self-defenser point of view. They argue that Mexico's large amount of deaths from firearms are directly caused by availability in the US.
So Mexico's tough, restrictive gun laws don't help a bit, is the lesson here.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:35 pm

Ask the former marine chained to his bunk in a Mexican prison about the strictness of gun laws in that country. He volunteered having possession of an antique bolt action shotgun passed on from his father and grandfather and was subsequently arrested and jailed for it.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:41 pm

And we will work on his release when we get back from our Hawaii vacation.

greener

Post by greener » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Bullseye wrote:Ask the former marine chained to his bunk in a Mexican prison about the strictness of gun laws in that country. He volunteered having possession of an antique bolt action shotgun passed on from his father and grandfather and was subsequently arrested and jailed for it.

R,
Bullseye
Released today. Looks like pressure from news sources

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:38 am

Wow, I did not new that was the situation that caused him to be arrested. The news led me to believe that it was something similar to an issue weapon.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:42 am

If I understood last night's news, the way he got into trouble was to ask US Customs what he had to do to transport the shotgun through Mexico to his ultimate destination. They gave him the instructions on how to ship, forms he needed to declare the gun in Mexico. He followed instructions from the US Government and got arrested in Mexico.

Lot's of talk on O'Reilly last night about the State Department giving "updates" and nothing else. Apparently the Mexican government moved after a number of Congress members and Senators turned up the heat and some of the Fox luminaries started talking about boycott.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:36 am

Apparently the State Department is too busy dodging all the congressional inquires to do their real job properly. It is good to see that he is on his way home today.

R,
Bullseye

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:17 pm

I forgot that Isreal has ISSUED firearms to teachers for almost 40 years.... no school shootings there...
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:23 pm

I also have the feeling that anybody in Israel that screws up, gets their fair punishment, unlike here in the U.S.