Life Insurance?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Life Insurance?

Post by greener » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:25 am

it's 12/21. Should I put my life insurance check in the mail today or wait and see? I'd hate for the world to end and not have paid up insurance.

Well, if the Mayan's were right, I've sure enjoyed you guys. If they were wrong, y'all are all invited over for the canned Spam barbecue and extra ammo shoot out.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:54 am

Better keep that extra Spam for the drive up north, just in case you get stuck in the snow so you'll have emergency rations to live off of until they dig you out. Might want to hold onto the surplus ammo too, it may get a little scarce over the next few months with all the panic buying going on right now.

R,
Bullseye

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by stork » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:17 am

It was funny to see all the chicken littles running around.

I guess growing up on a farm, where the power went off with regularity, gave me a mindset of being ready since childhood. When you only go a larger town every other month or so and the power might go out a half dozen times (or not) in that time period you stock up when it's convenient and live off your preplanning when it's not.

At any rate I'm glad to say nothing happened.

Merry Christmas to all.
Stork
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:35 am

stork wrote: .........I'm glad to say nothing happened.

Stork
..........YET ! ............. ........the day isn't over.....:roll:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:05 pm

Bullseye wrote:Better keep that extra Spam for the drive up north, just in case you get stuck in the snow so you'll have emergency rations to live off of until they dig you out. Might want to hold onto the surplus ammo too, it may get a little scarce over the next few months with all the panic buying going on right now.

R,
Bullseye
Keeping my secret stash of MRE Chicken a la King :lol:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:43 am

Nothing like pre-packaged "Barf in a Bag" to make one's day start off right. Of course you could always fall back to the "Beef Patty" entree which is like eating an unexpanded sponge. Stay away from the sponge cake unless you want to be stopped up for a week.

R,
Bullseye

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:06 pm

Nobody knows the time or day.

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Rats !! Doomsday has come and gone, and I woke up this morning in my usual place.
I was hoping that doomsday might do the job of getting rid of a bunch of corrupt poiticans, and other assorted scum. :evil: