Luby Cafeteria shooting video testimony

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Luby Cafeteria shooting video testimony

Post by ruger22 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Dr. Suzanna Gratia-Hupp was in the cafeteria with her parents, who were both killed. Due to legal aspects, her gun was outside in her car. I had read about this, but never saw this testimony. I'm amazed she could stay so civil and collected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgrIsuO5 ... r_embedded
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:32 am

I watched that the other day. Very moving, very well spoken, and all very true.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:43 pm

I fear our government more then I fear bg. There are many ways the gov can do damage to the avg joe, along with taking guns away. How about confiscating all the 401k monies out there to pad soc sec, how about Odumba care, etc. Guns are one of many ways the gov intends to control us. When we get a society that depends on the gov to supply our needs, similar to what we are now, we're sunk. It really grinds me, when I ask people why they voted for Obama, their answers were very selfish and not primarily for the good of democracy. Sheeple !

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:00 pm

My buddy that's a jailer told me that the inmate were happy Obama got reelected, and wanted to know what they were getting this time from him since they got cell phones last time.........

-John Wayne

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:14 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:My buddy that's a jailer told me that the inmate were happy Obama got reelected, and wanted to know what they were getting this time from him since they got cell phones last time.........
Sad, very sad! but typical.
The union I am in votes strictly Democrat because Dems usually back unions. I liked a union, but I vote for the candidate who I feel will do the best for the country as a whole. Without a solid foundation all the selfish desires eventually won't be met, the country will run out of money. I say, "be brave, unselfish, and vote for what's best for the whole"!

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:56 pm

it depends on the union. some are greedy (hostess?), some protect employees they shouldn't, and some do what they are supposed to and make sure the good employees get a fair shake......

-John Wayne

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:54 am

bgreenea3 wrote:it depends on the union. some are greedy (hostess?), some protect employees they shouldn't, and some do what they are supposed to and make sure the good employees get a fair shake......
A lot of truth in your statement there Little Greener.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:14 am

Someone sent me this joke and I thought it appropriate to share it here with all of you.

Americans With No Abilities Act

The President and the Democratically controlled Congress is considering new sweeping legislation that will provide new benefits for many Americans. The "Americans With No Abilities Act", (AWNAA), is being hailed as a major legislative goal by advocates of the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition. "Roughly 50 percent of today's Americans do not possess the competence or the drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society", said a currently serving Senator from California, "we can no longer stand by and allow People of Inability to be ridiculed and passed over for promotion. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors only to a small group of workers, simply because they have some idea of what they are doing."

In a Capitol Hill press conference, the House Minority Leader and Senate Majority Leader pointed to the success of the U.S. Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without any regard to worker performance. Approximately 74 percent of postal employees lack any job skills, making this agency the single largest U.S. employer of 'Persons of Inability'.

Private-sector industries with good records of non-discrimination against the 'Inept' include retail sales (72%), the airline industry (68%), and home improvement 'big box warehouse' stores (65%).

At the state government level, the Department of Motor Vehicles also has an outstanding record of hiring 'Persons of Little or No Ability' (63%).

Under 'The Americans With No Abilities Act', more than 25 million 'middle man' positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance. Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given so as to guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees. The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations that promote a significant number of 'Persons of Inability' into middle-management positions, and gives a tax credit to small and medium-sized businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.

Finally, the AWNAA contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the non-abled, banning, for example, discriminatory interview questions such as, "Do you have any skills or experience that relate to this job?"

"As a Non-abled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them," said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, Michigan, due to her inability to remember the phrase 'righty tightey, lefty loosey.' "This new law should be real good for people like me," Gertz added. With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens will finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Said a Senator from Illinois: "As a Senator with no abilities, I believe the same privileges that elected officials enjoy ought to be extended to every American with no abilities. It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation and a good salary for doing so."

In a separate statement the AFL-CIO immediately said they were highly interested in forming a new union called 'The International Brotherhood of Persons With No Abilities (IBPWNA) and would gladly welcome the new members into their ranks.

R,
Bullseye