WalMart?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

WalMart?

Post by greener » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Discussing ammo with a coworker. He said he had a friend who worked at Walmart. This friend said that Walmart was not ordering any ammo for six months. The assumption was that Walmart had sold out to Obama. Nice rumor, have no idea if it is true. My guess is that the demand was so sudden and so great that even Wally World can't get it.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:43 pm

Well, where I shoot they usually carry a good supply of ammo. The last order
put in returned zero ammo, of any caliber, to the shop. It reminds me of 4 years ago.

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:17 pm

I have been trying to do some google-fu to get to the bottom of this, I see no reports from a legit news organization (if there is such a thing) that confirms or deny this at the time of this posting. If these initial reports on the net are true, it seems clear that they caved to the administration some how because it WAS leaked that the administration was actively seeking Wal-Mart's "support" for the bans.

In any case, regardless of the reason, if this is true and orders were suspended, in my mind Wal-Mart picked a side, and it sided against freedom. If this is indeed true, Wal-Mart will get no more money from me.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:33 pm

If the rumor is true, then they are getting something out of the agreement that is transparent to the consumers.

R,
Bullseye

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:57 pm

Bullseye wrote:If the rumor is true, then they are getting something out of the agreement that is transparent to the consumers.

R,
Bullseye
Transparent sounds like another word for illegal. Of course our gov would
do anything illegal.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:28 am

most likely walmart is not getting any ammo because their suppliers are dry as well as every body else's. the amo companies do runs of ammo an then retool for other calibers so resupply after a run like in the last 4 months should take a while like it did 4 years ago.....
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

greener

Post by greener » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:35 am

Since I started this piece of paranoia, I read last night that they are getting ammo, which is bought as it comes off the truck.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:40 am

like 4 years ago....
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:56 am

As of 4 minutes ago, this is how Walmart is responding to comments on their facebook page regarding whether or not they will continue to stock ammo:

"We want you to know that Walmart has not made any changes to our assortment of ammunition. Inventory will vary from store to store. We recommend you check back with your local store often to see if any deliveries have been made."

However, people are saying they contacted local Walmarts directly and they are still saying no more orders.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:00 pm

I was just up at the local walmart and the ammo cabinet was empty of anything desirable. I have a good supply at home that will have to make do.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:03 am

On a positive note, I like their new planned policy of hiring many military veterans. More companies need to consider this as there will be a lot of folks returning to a weak job market after their service expires.

R,
Bullseye

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:07 am

Bullseye wrote:On a positive note, I like their new planned policy of hiring many military veterans. More companies need to consider this as there will be a lot of folks returning to a weak job market after their service expires.

R,
Bullseye
Wal-Mart is notorious for low pay and part-time hours, so no benefits either. My niece worked there for several years, where she kept getting passed over for promotions, contrary to written policy. Was cheated out of countless overtime, too. It's better than no job, but I feel returning vets certainly deserve better.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols