The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:50 pm

There were 32,367 automobile deaths in the US in 2011, and I'm sure it's a good mix of men, women, children, infants, blacks, whites, etc. I'm also sure that a good portion of these deaths included some sort of illegal activity, like medications, alcohol, road rage, etc. Lastly, I'm sure there isn't any talk about banning cars because they are responsible for the accident, themselves. There is a huge problem in this country as our legislatures only focus on what they see and want to see, and not focus on the causes of a society that is broken down due to lack of morals.
Haka

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:11 am

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:10 am

We should ban all sports cars because there's no need to go faster than 55 MPH! Any cars with aluminum ralleye wheels and a rear deck spoiler must be banned. After all, those wheels can be changed much more rapidly as compared to their traditional hubcap laden vehicle mates.

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:03 am

Your for getting about all the killings that happen with knives, 6x that of guns. Yet we still have them in the kitchen.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:27 am

Bullseye wrote:We should ban all sports cars because there's no need to go faster than 55 MPH! Any cars with aluminum ralleye wheels and a rear deck spoiler must be banned. After all, those wheels can be changed much more rapidly as compared to their traditional hubcap laden vehicle mates.

R,
Bullseye
If it saves one life, it makes sense.

Banning alcohol would save thousands of a lives per year. Prohibition again, anyone?

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Banning alcohol would save thousands of a lives per year. Prohibition again, anyone?
Why I've heard statistics quoted that having alcohol has created many lives per year, or perhaps more correctly enhanced the conditions that caused new lives (intentionally or unintentionally) to be created.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Bullseye wrote:We should ban all sports cars because there's no need to go faster than 55 MPH! Any cars with aluminum ralleye wheels and a rear deck spoiler must be banned. After all, those wheels can be changed much more rapidly as compared to their traditional hubcap laden vehicle mates.

R,
Bullseye
You'll have to pry the 6 speed manual from my cold dead hands :lol:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Oooh, that has many of the banned features - even has fog lights! Nobody should have fog lights and a rear luggage rack on their vehicle. The only way it could be worse is if you had a vehicle designed specifically for war like a Hummer or Land Rover.

R,
Bullseye

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:38 am

Bullseye wrote: The only way it could be worse is if you had a vehicle designed specifically for war like a Hummer or Land Rover.

R,
Bullseye
Stop! You're scaring me!

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:06 am

WE MUST BAN THEM ALL! Nobody needs 4WD to commute! This isn't about sports, it's about safety on the highways. How many faux off-road Monster Trucks are there on the road? (Most of which have never seen anything underneath them but pavement) We must institute REASONABLE restrictions. End the Craig's List Loophole! All sales and service must go through a federally licensed automotive dealer.

If it saves one little precious gallon of gasoline we must institute it! Do it for the Prius'!

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:32 am

Bullseye wrote:WE MUST BAN THEM ALL! Nobody needs 4WD to commute! This isn't about sports, it's about safety on the highways. How many faux off-road Monster Trucks are there on the road? (Most of which have never seen anything underneath them but pavement) We must institute REASONABLE restrictions. End the Craig's List Loophole! All sales and service must go through a federally licensed automotive dealer.

If it saves one little precious gallon of gasoline we must institute it! Do it for the Prius'!

R,
Bullseye
As you can see from the pic, I have an arsenal of highly dangerous assault vehicles. I'm beginning to feel guilty. What can I do to make amends?

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:25 am

greener wrote:
Bullseye wrote:WE MUST BAN THEM ALL! Nobody needs 4WD to commute! This isn't about sports, it's about safety on the highways. How many faux off-road Monster Trucks are there on the road? (Most of which have never seen anything underneath them but pavement) We must institute REASONABLE restrictions. End the Craig's List Loophole! All sales and service must go through a federally licensed automotive dealer.

R,
Bullseye
As you can see from the pic, I have an arsenal of highly dangerous assault vehicles. I'm beginning to feel guilty. What can I do to make amends?
give me the sporty 6 speed to lessen your guilt
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:07 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
greener wrote:

R,
Bullseye
vjve me the sporty 6 speed to lessen your guilt
:mrgreen:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:20 pm

Yes I see, and now we must restrict all vehicle gasoline tanks to a total capacity of only seven gallons, regardless of size of vehicle or use of the same! Lets fine anyone who is found having more than this limited capacity in the vehicle at any time.

(*) Of course you all can see that these arguments are very weak - No matter how they are applied. They don't work for vehicles anymore than they would for firearms. Yet the people spouting this garbage are extremely passionate about how effective this dribble will be and totally ignore the real source of the problem - Criminals!

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:37 am

You forgot the government official and connected persons exclusion on tank capacity and vehicle size.

For all the noise, this has nothing to do with controlling criminals.

BTW, we had the VEEP and selected political folks holding a gun "safety" round table to discuss ideas yesterday. The composition of the round table was all pro-gun control democrat. The discussion was held in private on the VCU campus. Reporters were waiting breathlessly in the next room for the photo op. No audience. Being on the VCU campus they could exclude any public participation, especially from those who might have a different opinion. Had it been open to the public, Virginia Citizens Defense League would have been present passing out their "Guns Save Lives" orange stickers.

The only thing new is that "firearms safety" is supplanting "gun control" as the buzzword.