Why to have a gun in Detroit

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Why to have a gun in Detroit

Post by greener » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:13 pm

She learned what "You're on your own" means. Too bad she only had a ten round magazine in her HK pistol.

R,
Bullseye

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:43 am

good work granny, now time for some marksmanship training
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:35 am

That punk learned not to pick on old people, they most like;y are armed' How can the police take her pistol without arresting her on some charge, they have no legal leg to stand on as I understand.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:25 am

Way to go Granny, too bad you didn't hit the punk.
I would imagine she doesn't live too far from me, in the northern parts
of Detroit. I wonder if the tree hugging liberals think she acted to 'violently'?
Haka

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:33 pm

bearandoldman wrote:That punk learned not to pick on old people, they most like;y are armed' How can the police take her pistol without arresting her on some charge, they have no legal leg to stand on as I understand.

If I heard right, to match bullets taken from his butt if he shows up at a hospital.... To prosecute him.

-John Wayne

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Did not think the LEO's could do that, take ypour gun away, even for that reason

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:07 pm

take it as evidence? yes, they can do that. It would have to be returned when they no longer need it for prosecution. like ballistic testing at the lab, so if he shows up they can match the boolits in his bottom to what her gun shoots. Last I checked Strong-arm robbery is a fairly serious felony. Also, her actions would have to cleared offically of wrong doing. if she had been able to hold him there and not shoot it would be different

-John Wayne

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:16 pm

She would likely have to prove a genuine threat or perceived at a high enough degree to justify the use of deadly force. There should be on-board video from the bus to back up her claims and possibly security cams from surrounding businesses. Then it is up to the prosecutor to decide if pursuing a case a against her is required under MI Law.

R,
Bullseye

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:20 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:That punk learned not to pick on old people, they most like;y are armed' How can the police take her pistol without arresting her on some charge, they have no legal leg to stand on as I understand.

If I heard right, to match bullets taken from his butt if he shows up at a hospital.... To prosecute him.
So the local police lent her one of their guns in exchange?

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Sure they did, wonder how long before she gets her gun back?

greener

Post by greener » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:15 pm

bigfatdave wrote:
bgreenea3 wrote:

So the local police lent her one of their guns in exchange?
Right...

Maybe she'll have to go out an purchase a cheaper handgun to tide her over until she gets her H&K back. Besides, it sounded like she needs a New York reload.

Think about it. A bus full of folks who didn't help her on the bus of off the bus. I didn't hear about anyone even calling 911. Even if they had called, the police would have been too late to stop the robbery. None of the big strong men would help the old lady. A sure sign that a citizen needs some protection.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:06 pm

you guys do realize if you get into a shooting with your CCW gun, whether justifiable or not, the police will take your gun until the investigation or case is over with. meaning until it goes through court. now that could take a few days or months depending on what happened. Although it is your gun it is their evidence and they have every right to keep it as that would be a reasonable seizure under law.

If I stabbed an attacker with a knife you would expect the police to take that knife as evidence, wouldn't you?

-John Wayne

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:32 am

And I have multiple guns (heck, I have multiple guns that fit the same holsters)
It wouldn't make as much of an impact on me to have one of my carry guns confiscated, but I'd be agitating to have it returned on principle anyway. And if the police need the gun so terribly much, how is it unreasonable for them to trade her one out of the armory?

In an obvious SD shooting, police holding the gun as "evidence" is still silly. Obviously the defender will be happy to help ID the criminal, holding her gun is pointless unless there is some ballistic evidence to match it to.

greener

Post by greener » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 am

bgreenea3 wrote:you guys do realize if you get into a shooting with your CCW gun, whether justifiable or not, the police will take your gun until the investigation or case is over with. meaning until it goes through court. now that could take a few days or months depending on what happened. Although it is your gun it is their evidence and they have every right to keep it as that would be a reasonable seizure under law.

If I stabbed an attacker with a knife you would expect the police to take that knife as evidence, wouldn't you?
If you ran the attacker off with the knife, but didn't connect, would it still be held in evidence?

I believe in this one, we don't know if she hit the guy, so the gun is being held just in case they need something to compare ballistics. Just in case.

How long will the gun be held in evidence without them finding the guy?