ammo available?????

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

ammo available?????

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:00 am

Walked into local Gander mountain, today and was astonished to see ammo for sale! They were limiting the amount you could buy to two boxes of each type or five with gun purchase.

Prices were not too bad either....about normal even.... Maybe I was lucky.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:05 am

They must have received a shipment recently most places I've been the shelves are bare with only a few boxes in rare calibers.

R,
Bullseye

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Ammo shortage

Post by stork » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:15 am

I have never been so happy to be a bullet caster and reloader.

I feel for those who are just getting into our sport and cannot find anything but A: nothing or B: Over priced ammo.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:23 am

I think I was more impressed at the lack of a huge mark up than the availability. 100 round pack of American eagle 223. 55gr fmj were $44 .... No much more than it was a few months back.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:10 pm

My Gander has been pretty good on ammo all along, except the .223 and 5.56, 9, and .22s. They have a sign limiting sale to 500 .22, and 100 rounds of the other three.

Wednesday is their "truck morning", so I went by as soon as I could after my morning half-shift. I got there about 9:45, they open at nine.

I lucked out that they still had about 20 boxes of American Eagle .38 FMJ, so I bought two. I like that or CCI Independence for practice. I didn't need them, but I could squeeze them into the budget, so why not. I am hearing of an ammo price increase in March. The Eagle was $24.99, the usual price.

A clerk I know said they had gotten in about 100 of the Federal Value Pack .22LR, and several hundred of the hundred round boxes of Mini-Mags. All that went in 15 minutes, before I got there. At least I have plenty of .22.

I saw a total of six boxes of Remington 9mm, and one GI ammo box of .223. Federal, not sure what the round count or price is.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:11 pm

At the gun show this weekend, .223 was going for $1098/case (1k rounds). So, if you can get a couple thousand rounds, you can pay for the trip to Richmond.

I'm not seeing any .22lr. Have a friend who bought a 22/45 lite and SR9 in the last few weeks and now can't find ammo.