Attitudes

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Attitudes

Post by greener » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:07 am

Got to listen to some interesting opinions on guns yesterday. I'm a member of a Miata club. Fun group. The unofficial motto is we eat to drive and drive to eat since every outing ends at a restaurant. Over dinner we were talking about long walks or runs in our neighborhoods. One couple didn't like walking/running in the dark because deer snorted at them. Then the conversation turned to not walking in the dark because of neighbors carrying guns. The consensus was this was something to be very concerned about. I was a little surprised at that attitude, but didn't say anything about the 442 in my pocket.

I was carrying just because and they were afraid of folks who carried just because.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: Atttudes

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:57 am

greener wrote:Got to listen to some interesting opinions on guns yesterday. I'ma a member of a Miata club. Fun group. The unofficial motto is we eat to drive and drive to eat since every outing ends at a restaraunt. Over dinner we were talking about long walks or runs in our neighborhoods. One couple didn't like walking/running in the dark becauae deer snorted atthem. Then the conversation turned to not walking in the dark because of neighbors carrying guns. The consensus was this was something to be very concerned about. I was a little surprised at that attitude, bit didn't say anything about the 442 in my pocket.

I was carrying just because and they were afraid of folks who carried just because.
Some things are better left unsaid, with age comes the intelligence to keep mouth closed except for eating, right?
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:32 pm

Interesting, Greener. By their logic, it seems like they would just stay home and never go out. They could encounter someone who carries a gun "just because" anywhere they go, not just on a walk...

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Carrying concealed means not drawing attention to one's self. Sometimes that also extends to what is said in conversations. You might be surprised that there may have been others in the group who felt the same as you about firearms but too thought it better to not speak out and cause a controversial discussion. People are entitled to their own opinions and we should not think less of them when they share, otherwise we may be guilty of joining them in narrow minded thinking.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Fun group of folks who have a common interest in 2500-lb, 1.6-2.0L, 2 seat convertibles. In fact, the closer to 1990 you car, the more the cool factor. Generally all discussions are free of politics.

BTW: try putting a Midway range bag into a 5.5 cuft trunk that is not big enough for a spare tire.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:29 am

BTW: try putting a Midway range bag into a 5.5 cuft trunk that is not big enough for a spare tire.
Dear Mr. Greener;
For some reason, although respectfully, I don't feel sorry for you. A sports car? :D
Signed Haka

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:57 am

Hakaman wrote:
Dear Mr. Greener;
For some reason, although respectfully, I don't feel sorry for you. A sports car? :D
Signed Haka
me too, Haka

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:05 am

greener wrote:
Maybe better a shaving kit bag with a NAA mini revolver and one box of Mini-Mags?........ :lol:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:01 pm

Tough, unsympthatic group. I'm struggling with this 2nd (3rd?) childhood and no help from my friends. Oh, Lord want you buy me a... :lol:

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:59 am

greener wrote:Tough, unsympthatic group. I'm struggling with this 2nd (3rd?) childhood and no help from my friends. Oh, Lord want you buy me a... :lol:
Mercedes-Benz, me too, an old 300SL, would do fine,