Social Security

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Social Security

Post by Hakaman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:34 am

Why Did Bernie Go To Jail?

http://stories-etc.com/SS-vs-Madoff.htm

greener

Post by greener » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Yep, it's a ponzi scheme with accounting practices that would send CEO's of private companies to jail. However, as someone who has spent the better part of a half-century working himself to the pointy part of the pyramid, I expect those below me to cheerfully pony up, as I did so I get mine. After all, I've been supporting folks like oldman, now it's time for the younger generation to pick up the slack :lol:
I offered them the opportunity to buy me out with the bucks put in in my name plus the going interest rate for each year, but they refused, so I'm left with collecting it one month at a time.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:04 am

greener wrote:Yep, it's a ponzi scheme with accounting practices that would send CEO's of private companies to jail. However, as someone who has spent the better part of a half-century working himself to the pointy part of the pyramid, I expect those below me to cheerfully pony up, as I did so I get mine. After all, I've been supporting folks like oldman, now it's time for the younger generation to pick up the slack :lol:
I offered them the opportunity to buy me out with the bucks put in in my name plus the going interest rate for each year, but they refused, so I'm left with collecting it one month at a time.
And thank you for your support.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:55 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
greener wrote:Yep, it's a ponzi scheme with accounting practices that would send CEO's of private companies to jail. However, as someone who has spent the better part of a half-century working himself to the pointy part of the pyramid, I expect those below me to cheerfully pony up, as I did so I get mine. After all, I've been supporting folks like oldman, now it's time for the younger generation to pick up the slack :lol:
Every time I see the big chunk out of my check, I think of you and Bear

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:45 pm

greener wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:
Every time I see the big chunk out of my check, I think of you and Bear
And the 3rd of every month we think of you too.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Have you been using all my freely donated wealth to corner the .22lr market? There sure aren't any down here.

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:26 am

interesting discussion.
Soc. Sec. was designed to be self supporting, and was 'til Congress changed the rule, and transfered all the money to general funds.
So, Hopefully some of you will get better paying jobs so maybe my checks can keep comming. :dance:

greener

Post by greener » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:00 am

Medicine Hat wrote:interesting discussion.
Soc. Sec. was designed to be self supporting, and was 'til Congress changed the rule, and transfered all the money to general funds.
So, Hopefully some of you will get better paying jobs so maybe my checks can keep comming. :dance:
It was also based on an age that most weren't supposed to reach the retirement age, or last long after getting on the roles.

So, I'm supporting you and oldman, as well as getting my check? This is getting worse, I definitely do need a raise. I can't even count you as dependents. :lol:

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:15 am

How about this:

The Quote of the Decade:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is
a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot
pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial
assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless
fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and
internationally. Leadership means that, 'the buck stops here.' Instead,