Varmint Shoots

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Varmint Shoots

Post by greener » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:12 pm

If you get tired of prairie dogs, 10-lb rats are an option

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/43732 ... utated.htm

of course you have to go to Tehran.

from Gateway Pundit

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:17 am

The temptation to shoot rats of a much larger proportion might be too great in Tehran.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:22 am

Do these be 2 or 4 legged rats?
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:25 am

I had similar feelings

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:26 am

The Iranians should not be underestimated. Just last month, a senior Iranian official was sent into space, and recovered.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:41 am

charlesb wrote:The Iranians should not be underestimated. Just last month, a senior Iranian official was sent into space, and recovered.
I remember that, he was just a little guy.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:00 am

Who says we don't need AR-15's?

greener

Post by greener » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:46 pm

I didn't know I needed one until they told me I didn't.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:26 pm

I believe most of America is thinking very much along the same line as you. Have you tried to find an AR-15 anywhere lately? Try looking for any stripped lowers, they're pretty scarce right now. Not to mention locating any ammo just to keep them running.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:59 am

A number of the dealers at the Richmond gun show had some. There was a DPMS like mine for ~$2400 and I thought I overpaid at $600. Ammo was ~$1100/k, 3X what I paid last fall. Wish I had taken a chunk of bgreene's inheritance and bought AR's and ammo a few months ago. It would have been a bit better by now and my arsenal and magazine would be depleted.

I bought a case of .223 and then bought 1000 55gr bullets. I also have a .22lr adapter. Figured I was set for shooting. I'd planned to get a 1000 62gr bullets. No .22lr, no reloading stock and ammo way to high to shoot.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:20 am

I was at my LGS last week, he had one on the country display, do not know the mode, but the tag said $2,600.00. No powder to speak of, only thing he had in pruners was CCI large pistol magnum. No
22LR but he did have a 325 box of Automatch set aside for me, price was reasonable.
Never thought I needed one until I saw the one my grands0n uses, Uncle really owns his. He is a Navy Corpsman attached to the Marines. mine is just a 15-22 but a fun to shoot gun.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:47 pm

I didn't know I needed one until they told me I didn't.
LOL Mr. Greener. I guess if you want somebody to do something, just tell they can't do it.
I was at my LGS last week, he had one on the country display, do not know the mode, but the tag said $2,600.00. No powder to speak of, only thing he had in pruners was CCI large pistol magnum. No
22LR but he did have a 325 box of Automatch set aside for me, price was reasonable.
Never thought I needed one until I saw the one my grands0n uses, Uncle really owns his. He is a Navy Corpsman attached to the Marines. mine is just a 15-22 but a fun to shoot gun.
Everybody has gone mad with gun/supply purchasing. I was talking with the guys today and mentioned how bad it could get when there's a food/water/gas shortage. Ouch, look out! Good Lord help us.

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:21 pm

I bought a DPMS AR a few years ago, so that I could learn how to work on them. I enjoyed shooting it and it looked sexy enough, but eventually a ham radio buddy talked me out of it, and now they cost more than I am willing to pay.

You can get a nice Winchster 1885 or a well set-up Sako bolt gun for what a decent AR costs these days.

When they go back down to a reasonable price, I'll probably get another one, they're great plinkers.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:15 am

I bought a stripped lower right after Christmas not as a panic buy but as a planned winter project build.... Problem is now there aren't any parts to build the rest of it.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne