Unlawful demands !

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Unlawful demands !

Post by Hakaman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Our society is getting paranoid and attempting to oppress it's citizens:

http://parkercountyblog.com/2013/03/19/ ... -services/

Haka :x

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:27 pm

I've seen many over-zealous tree/bunny huggers over the years with Child Protective Services..... most of them are out of touch with reality and have their own perfect wolrd ideal they think everybody should agree with......
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

greener

Post by greener » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:14 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:I've seen many over-zealous tree/bunny huggers over the years with Child Protective Services..... most of them are out of touch with reality and have their own perfect wolrd ideal they think everybody should agree with......
This has all the odor of the Soviet Union with KGB coming into homes. The anti-gun elements in NJ are doing their best to intimidate a lawful gun owner. As an example to the others?

What gets me is they are dragging law enforcement into this intimidation mess. What happens when some citizen takes strong exception to violation of his rights under the 4th amendment for expressing his rights under the 1st amendment and law enforcement is in the middle of this?

You know, I refused a couple of transfers and promotions that would have had you as an NJ resident. I thought it was great place, as long as I had a return ticket in my pocket. The Peoples Democratic Republic of Michigan was a much better place to live.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:09 pm

New Jersey is definitely not a "firearms friendly" state.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:29 am

Bullseye wrote:New Jersey is definitely not a "firearms friendly" state.

R,
Bullseye
Your next peomotion wii be to the same otfitI heve been working for.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:34 am

I wonder how many would have 'caved in' to Child Protective Services and let
the _____ in the house? What gall to think you can demand to go into someone's house
and inspect as you see fit.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:57 pm

That story made the news down here in TX. Glad to see the father send them on their way without letting them in. No merit for them to even make a visit.

Now if the parents could find out who caused the visit, they should be sued for harassment to even the playing field. Then these idiots would learn to tend to there own business.

How may parents give their children things just to get a photo of what their holding because it looks cool....
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:14 pm

When you post things on Facebook there's no control on who sees and interprets the images. What seems innocent can have major implications. I don't see how this particular image became such a concern but there are a lot of zealots out there, and some are in self important government positions.

R,
Bullseye

Downeaster
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Downeaster » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:48 pm

This particular instance was (or should have been) harmless. I could see myself posting a similar picture.

However, the stupidity of some folks just leaves me breathless.

There are almost daily examples of people shooting themselves in the foot via Facebook. Folks have lost their job, or failed to get hired, even been arrested because they put the evidence on the internet, right out there for everyone to see. And friends, once it's out there, there is no taking it back.

The entire "Social Media" craze escapes me. But then, my voice-only cell phone spends 99.9% of it's time turned off laying in a desk drawer too.
An empty weapon is just a very expensive hammer.

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:50 pm

The only comment I will make is that he has good trigger discipline.