MI weather

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

MI weather

Post by ruger22 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:19 am

I know several of you guys are Michiganders. I see all the nasty MI weather on the news. Everybody out of harm's way?
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: MI weather

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:42 am

ruger22 wrote:I know several of you guys are Michiganders. I see all the nasty MI weather on the news. Everybody out of harm's way?
Lots of rainn causing some rivers to flood and block off some of the low lying roads, but nothing to cause me any problems. 65, right now and will be heading to meet my shooting bud at the range shortly.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:45 am

If you are talking about the flooding in Grand Rapids, I'm just fine that's about an hour north of me,. The bad part about super heavy spring rain here is the ground is still frozen about two to three feet down yet so the water has no where to go.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Here in God's country, northern parts of Detroit area, spring is unfolding very slowly, as the temps are cool, lots of cloudiness, and lots of rain. Some snowbird neighbors came back home from florida wishing they had stayed down there another month. My hope is that we will have a full crop this year, as cherries, apples, peaches, plums, etc were destroyed last year because of a late killing frost after the unseasonable warm weather caused the blossoms to bloom early. The 'cherry festival' was decimated last year and they had to import cherries from out of state to put on the National Cherry Festival. Summer, with it's warm weather, will be here soon enough. I'm dusting off the cobwebs from my AR-15 to shoot in the service rifle league. I shoot in this league to make the rest of the group feel better, knowing that they can at least beat someone.
Haka

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:56 pm

someone has to be last?
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:20 pm

My sgt has a couple acres of peaches and last summer he didn't have a single one survive, he says its much better so far this year.

The last two days have pretty much been t-shirt weather here right around the mid sixties.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne