Price Decline

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Price Decline

Post by greener » Sun May 19, 2013 7:46 am

If the Richmond gun show is an indicator prices are starting down. They've gone from Way, Way Too Much to Way Too Much. .223 Ammo prices slashed to $0.85/round, down from $1.15/round. I didn't see the 30% drop in other ammo but it is down. .22lr if you wanted it but in the $80-$100/brick range and was target grade. AR's were down a couple hundred and the parts guys had a supply uppers,lowers and the like. Saw and AK for $480.
Handgun prices were still at the premium level.

Not much in the realm of reloading supplies. Small rifle primers (Federal) were $46/1000. TUL large pistol primers were $30/1000. The brass supply seemed to be pretty good. MAC's Reloading seemed to have a reasonable supply of commercial reloaded ammo.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun May 19, 2013 9:36 am

I should try to sell some of my sp primers, I got lots of them.

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Sun May 19, 2013 9:06 pm

I'm hanging on to what I have. As it is, all I have to buy is bullets every once in a while. - I guess I have close to a years supply of primers and powder that I bought before the prices got too ridiculous.

- A years supply at the rate that I've been going at lately, shooting once a week or so.

Python
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Python » Sun May 19, 2013 10:33 pm

I do not expect prices to be what they were for any components.
It will be about Christmas time before it is all back to what it was before chicken little fell out of the sky like it did four years ago.
I have two years supply, but am still looking for deals just in case there is no return to normal.
Just saying...

Clarence
Master indoor and out
Distinguished Revolver Badge #99
EIC Service Pistol = 30 pts.(need a hard leg)
10z n Xs

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:44 pm

You can thank Homeland Security for that. They have been buying up ammo to keep it from the public. I talked to a GS friend of mine that had his FFL visit several weeks ago. He complained that ammo was hard to get. The agent told him that they have stocked piled over 30 yrs of ammo at their current usage. What a waste of out tax payer money. :cry:
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon May 20, 2013 8:49 am

You can thank Homeland Security for that.
I believe that to be the truth. With the shortage, hoarding begins as well.
Haka

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Mon May 20, 2013 10:50 pm

Makes one wonder if following the next national election, there may be bargain-basement deals on govt. surplus ammo.

There oughta be, in any case... Whether there will be is hard to predict.