need ammo?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

need ammo?

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:47 pm

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: need ammo?

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:18 am

If you hurry and get your order in, you can still get the Big Greener a case of two for Father's Day, sounds good to me.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:11 pm

CTD killed any hope of another dollar from me months ago.

Yesterday was "truck day" at my Gander Mountain. They open at nine, I can't get there before ten, because the first half of my split shift ends at 9:30. Still, I've been stopping by every two weeks or so, just to size up the ammo and gun stock in general.

Surprise, yesterday they still had 16 100 round boxes of CCI Mini-Mag HP. I got my one box limit. Wow. If I didn't already have 19k rounds I'd have to score like this for three more weeks to do one range trip........ :shock:

Paid $7.99, not bad. I've seen the exact same box going for $40-$60 at online dealers.

They had some green box Remington .38, but it was 158 gr LRN, so I passed, $24.99. Best thing, they still had about a dozen of the big yellow UMC bulk packs of 9mm. Didn't check that price, but the simple fact that they still had them an hour after opening seems a good sign. Maybe the hoarders have finally started running out of money and credit cards.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:42 am

bearandoldman wrote:
If you hurry and get your order in, you can still get the Big Greener a case of two for Father's Day, sounds good to me.

At that price it ought to load itself and all the bullets track to the same hole.

:wave:

I don't recall seeing "colt" ammo.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:16 am

greener wrote:
I don't recall seeing "colt" ammo.
Nor have I, and I have been around for a while too. Got 5-50 round cardboard boxes of CCI SV last week Thursday, for the same price as pre panic and he gave me my usual old customer price on it also. Any one that buys it and it was up front in plain view could by 2 but there are special deals for customer that go there since 1967, when he opened. i have known the owner since 1953 and his son who now runs the shop went to school with one of my daughters. Dick was still working part time and helping out his son, talked to him for a while and went on my way. Sad to say but on Tuesday, I found out he had a massive heart attack at home Sunday and passed away at 76. He was in better shape and younger than me, I really am going to miss him.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:28 am

I have never seen Colt 22 ammo either. I have seen their 38s and 357 ammo back in the 70's.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Being a regular repeat customer does have it's advantages at times.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:36 am

blue68f100 wrote:I have never seen Colt 22 ammo either. I have seen their 38s and 357 ammo back in the 70's.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Being a regular repeat customer does have it's advantages at times.
At all times. When you need help with a gun you bought there, most of the time it is at no charge;

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Coach1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:19 am

I am boycotting CDT.com. And have been since they initially declared they would stop selling black rifles (then reversed that policy after the customer backlash). Their current "sale" prices for ammo and any firearm look predatory in my estimate.

So, 22 lr at 3 cents a round looks like the first CDT offerring in a long while that is attractive. Except, few folk have $1500 on hand for .22 lr... and in Colt branding..?

My boycott remains in place.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

greener

Post by greener » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Coach1 wrote:I am boycotting CDT.com. And have been since they initially declared they would stop selling black rifles (then reversed that policy after the customer backlash). Their current "sale" prices for ammo and any firearm look predatory in my estimate.

So, 22 lr at 3 cents a round looks like the first CDT offerring in a long while that is attractive. Except, few folk have $1500 on hand for .22 lr... and in Colt branding..?

My boycott remains in place.
Coach, you missed a decimal, it's 30 cents/round. At 3-cents/round, I'd have ordered a case

greener

Post by greener » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:29 pm

Greentop had .22lr ammo: CCI SV $3.99/Box 50, limit 3. Not a bad price, but I wasn't that tempted.

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Coach1 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:26 pm

Ooops. That is embarrassing. But the reality underscores that CDT is indeed gouging customers.. at least trying.

Perhaps new shooters / gun owners that were caught up in this frenzy might consider paying 30 cents a round for a fairly generic cartridge.

My boycott remains firmly in place.

Coach
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

greener

Post by greener » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:53 pm

The interesting part is some folks are buying at that price.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:49 am

greener wrote:The interesting part is some folks are buying at that price.
Rather sad. I have stockpiled plenty of 22lr, not by hoarding, but by purchasing a brick every couple weeks or so when the supplies were available. If shooters bought in moderation it would help the situation today. Probably some gov hoarding going on as well. I would quit casual shooting if I had to pay outrageous prices for ammo.
I buy most of my target bullets from Berry's Bullets, and their supply is almost zero, why? Shooters hoarding bullets, not the gov though.