Crazy weather

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Crazy weather

Post by Hakaman » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:33 pm

The heat in the dry heat in the west, and the cool wet in the east is reflected in the jet stream.
In michigan we have had some heat, but lots of rain. Right now it's beginning a nice cool spell, 70-80.
How is the weather in your area?
http://www.intellicast.com/National/Wind/JetStream.aspx

greener

Post by greener » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Cool spell today, didn't get to 90. Supposed to be about that tomorrow with a few thunderstorms.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:23 am

Wettest, most humid spring and summer we've had in years, and I think we had more nineties in March and April than in May and June.

Weather isn't what it was here when I was younger. Most rain was a passing 30-45 minute shower, then the sun would pop back out. Now, rain is always either all day, or flood warning size storms.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:12 pm

Record Highs here in east texas thursday, 104-105. Then the front started coming through Friday and returned the temp back to normal for this time of the year, lowered 10 deg. Now we have some slightly lower the normal temps with lower humidity which make it quite pleasant.

Were still DRY, over 15" behind on rain fall.

I think I will shoot in the morning. :D
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

greener

Post by greener » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:04 pm

104 would have been a scorcher here. It probably wouldn't have changed my day much.

Made it to 88-91, mix of looks like rain any time to clear sky. Spent the morning pretending to fish. I was about the only one on that stretch of the river, so I had a great time watching herons, pine and gold finches, osprey and other critters.

It was probably hot and humid, but this is what the temps do this time of year.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:44 am

greener wrote:104 would have been a scorcher here. It probably wouldn't have changed my day much.

Made it to 88-91, mix of looks like rain any time to clear sky. Spent the morning pretending to fish. I was about the only one on that stretch of the river, so I had a great time watching herons, pine and gold finches, osprey and other critters.

It was probably hot and humid, but this is what the temps do this time of year.
Sometimes fishing by yourself in the peace and quiet and just enjoying the surroundings is more fun than catching? No scaling cleaning and filleting and cooking, just a stop at and no Long John Silver's on the way home and dinner is ready.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.