ammo supplies improving

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Post by greener » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:43 am

perazzi wrote:I remember driving from L.A to Detroit in my V.W and spending $30 on gas for the trip....
57 Bug, top end 62 w/tailwind. No gas gauge, just a switch to go to the "reserve" tank. A major embarrassment if you disremembered to reset the switch. Drove it from Raleigh to Ft. Sill, in '72. Thought I was going to have to push it over Black Mountain (Ashville, NC). Had to redo the timing every 1000 miles or so. My wife flew out to spend the last week of Officer's Basic and ride back with me. Thrilling adventure, but she allowed as to how she'd fly next time.

Lowest gasoline I remember was $0.13/gallon during the gas wars. Almost died when I had to buy some gas for $0.40. Remember the stuff you got at service stations? "Our" favorite knives are serrated steak knives we got at a shell station in the early '70's.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:32 am

greener wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:No, Greener is a younger than I fart by some years
Yep, a mere whippersnapper.
Just a whippersnapper, not a mere one?
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Original subject was "ammo supplies improving". It may be slipping a little for Sportsman's Warehouse here. Their last two trucks had no .22 at all, the last one was this morning. The two trucks before that each had Thunderbolts, and both shipments were the same lot number. Seems like they're even splitting pallets between shipment dates.

Now with the Navy Yard shooting, Nobama, Frankenstein and the others are crying about new gun laws again. I hope it doesn't start a new round of panicking and hoarding.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:45 pm

SW may be internally allocating ammo. Not sure why they would be short.

I think the supply is improving, but you can't be choosey about the type. I shot some Winchester subsonics yesterday and both my 10-22's loved them. I haven't seen any subsonics this year. Glad I noticed the brick hidden under the reloading bench.