A Matter of Perspective

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

A Matter of Perspective

Post by greener » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:59 pm

On Fox tonight I an expert (former detective) describe the ammo the OK shooters. They had almost 50 rounds of .22, enough to go on a shooting spree. I thought "less than a box, doesn't sound like much." A second expert mentioned that .22 came in 50 round boxes, so it wasn't much ammo and no shooting spree. I can't remember buying less than 50 rounds in the last 60 years. If people think a box of .22 means a shooting spree, we are in real trouble. There is 700+ rounds in my range bag. About normal.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:54 pm

The unknowing public does tend to equate each bullet as a victim waiting to happen. I heard a similar pronouncement today on the news when they were describing the GA school shooter as having 500 round which was enough to decimate half the school population. The terrorist Major who caused the Ft. Hood tragedy fired way more bullets than the 13 killed in that incident. I'm not trying to minimize those deaths, they were horrible, and there were 31 others wounded. But he fired multiple times and many of the victims were struck several times and survived. So each round is not a death like some in the media and elsewhere want us all to believe. Reality is far different from speculation. However having said that the sheeple just keep buying all the bunk the media and political types keep spewing as fact.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Hasan had over 500 rounds and did a lot of damage.

Not sure I understand why that major was allowed full pay and benefits and was allowed to flaunt the facial hair policy. He was accepting pay, subject to Army Regulations and the UCMJ. I hope they have a herd of speedy fours typing his dishonorable discharge papers tonight.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:25 pm

We'll see what the final sentence comes out to be for this murder.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:50 am

greener wrote:Hasan had over 500 rounds and did a lot of damage.

Not sure I understand why that major was allowed full pay and benefits and was allowed to flaunt the facial hair policy. He was accepting pay, subject to Army Regulations and the UCMJ. I hope they have a herd of speedy fours typing his dishonorable discharge papers tonight.
And then, put him in jail and shave his beard twice a week, Then give him a pile of big rocks and a big hammer and have him make little rocks out of them? And no pay either/
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:12 pm

Muslims traditionally bury their criminals wrapped in pigskin. They believe this prevents the criminal from going to heaven and the 77 virgins. Hasan and other terrorists should get the same. Full disclosure of that could cause many to quit fighting and go home.

I'm hearing that there is political and military concern over the fact that if he gets the death sentence it would set a precedent. Hasan would be the first military execution in 52 years, and that would make it "easier" to pass more death sentences in the future. He executed his 13 victims, why should he get less?

The last execution was in 1961, for a soldier convicted of rape and attempted murder:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/28/justice/m ... er-profile
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:16 pm

This was workplace violence, so I"m told. It had nothing to do with religion. Our leaders have assured us of that.

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:15 pm

It seems that any 'real' military justice has happened prior to the current administration.
Just my 2 cents.