Believe in the Constitution and Smaller Government?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Believe in the Constitution and Smaller Government?

Post by greener » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:59 pm

From Judicial Watch

You may be on the list the government doesn't like.
DOD is teaching that the military needs to worry about main stream conservatives.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room ... extremist/

I probably wouldn't have lasted through one of those training sessions. I've walked out on BS "training" sessions before.

(h/t: Gateway Pundit)

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:10 pm

After 16 years active duty Army, I can't think of anyone I knew then that would support stuff like this.
When (in my own opinion) our Govt. becomes an enemy of our rights, then we have a real problem.
Indoctrination sessions like described here are how most of the totalitarian governments started out. Think Lenin, Stalin, Mussolini, Hitler, etc. and now O'bummer.
I worry about my kids and grandkids futures.
Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:43 pm

The pendulum is swinging way to the left that is for sure. One thing I've learned is eventually it will swing back in the opposite direction. The total disregard for enforcing existing laws is bothersome to me, especially by those who's job it is to enforce them. I hope for better because the change I see is not headed in the correct direction for the country.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:58 am

Bullseye wrote:The pendulum is swinging way to the left that is for sure. One thing I've learned is eventually it will swing back in the opposite direction. The total disregard for enforcing existing laws is bothersome to me, especially by those who's job it is to enforce them. I hope for better because the change I see is not headed in the correct direction for the country.

R,
Bullseye
It's almost like we are going back to the Ford-Carter military. The Russians sure missed an opportunity to come through the Fulda Gap then.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:09 am

The Russians weren't technologically capable back then to take us head-on. It wasn't until the Walker spy ring gave them the "keys to the city" of our secure communications that they were able to comprehend the level of readiness we had and how far into their military command structure we had penetrated. By the time they caught up, their war in Afghanistan and a decaying economy took its toll on the crumbling Soviet society. Sound familiar?

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:22 pm

I wasn't that confident of our ability. The Russians could brute force it.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:36 pm

So they would consider the Founding Fathers extremists and the Colonial Army terrorists? The left is leaving our country wide open for quiet destruction from within, with all of their "tolerance". Anyone that wanted to take over our watered down society wouldn't need missiles, just patience.

So far as conventional combat, our first advantage is the distance involved. Any major adversary has to cross an ocean to get to us. None are equipped to transport much of a force that far.

Otherwise, I'm afraid we'd still find ourselves in the German position of WWII. They had far better equipment (until our Mustang fighter and Pershing tank), but U.S. gear outnumbered theirs ten to one. A Tiger tank isn't so great when each one is facing ten Shermans. Our rolling and flying weaponry is superior, but small in numbers compared to Russia or China.

No matter. If this liberal crap permeates the military, they might as well hang white flags and roll out the Welcome mats.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols