Cops and Firemen, all in jest

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Cops and Firemen, all in jest

Post by ruger22 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Saw a bumper sticker today and thought of bgreenea3. Related to the friendly rivalry between cops and firemen. I know some of that as my Dad retired from 34 years as a fireman. Sticker said:

Real Women Love Firemen

....The rest marry cops....

We have an annual Guns and Hoses hockey game for charity that's a hoot to watch. You wonder how most of them can be physically able for duty the next day..... :shock:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:29 pm

Once my wife and I watched firemen handling a false alarm at a warehouse, early in the morning. She said something about them missing out on the doughnut shop opening up.

Then we saw a cop drive by very slowly, holding up a chocolate-iced eclair where the firemen could see it easily.

Coincidence?

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:42 pm

God made firemen so little boys could have heroes, and then made cops so the firemen could have heroes. :?
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:32 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:God made firemen so little boys could have heroes, and then made cops so the firemen could have heroes. :?
I just knew you would have a great comeback for that sticker........ :D
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Good one!

R,
Bullseye

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by stork » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:30 am

Gentlemen,
I just had to repeat what has been said before and will be said again.

The quality of folks on this forum is exceptional.

The ability to good naturedly poke fun at our friends an have the same returned seems to be a lost art. There's far too many people with thin skins out there that actively look for ways that they can take issue with some good natured ribbing. I don't know if its the generation a lot of us are in or our upbringing, but there seem to be a far larger % of genteel folks on this site than a lot of others I know of.

I'd share a glass of good Scotch with you guys around the campfire at deer camp anyday.

Al
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Thanks Stork, I had to be thick skinned, growing up with greener as a dad :shock:
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by stork » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:57 pm

bgreenea3,
I finally read your avatar. :lol: :lol:
Nice.
Al
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:55 pm

What a coincidence you bring this up Stork. My bride and I had commented about the very nature of this forum just last night on our way to dinner. She asked why I thought the forum members were always so considerate of each other. I explained that most are seasoned shooters with some wide-ranging life experiences and that many of the members here have been together a long time, either through this forum or our previous other versions. She already knows how generous the shooting population are with each other through her own personal experiences with me at the range. She also made the point that some folks can be adversarial for no reason but to be different. I explained that I've only ever had to ban one person from the forum for poor behavior, and that person had ample warnings to clean up their act. Whatever the reason, I too am glad that everyone here gets along so well. I enjoy some jocularity and I see that I'm in good company on that issue.

R,
Bullseye