Federal Premium "Inside Shots" panel?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Federal Premium "Inside Shots" panel?

Post by ruger22 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:48 pm

I got an email invitation last week, to join a new Federal Premium "Inside Shots" panel. As a member, you're asked your opinion on new product ideas, and get to try some new products. They "compensate your time" with free products and discounts. It includes Federal, Blackhawk! and other related brands of the group. Each participation is voluntary, as some products or ideas may not be in your experience. Sounded good.

I had to complete a short questionaire about my shooting preferences and experience, which made sense, and I was accepted. It didn't ask for any personal info outside of my first name, address, and email (which they obviously already had, I've sent them several emails).

Still, I wanted to be sure it was legit, and emailed Federal. No reply as yet, probably because of the holiday. Have any of you guys heard anything about it?
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:53 pm

I hadn't heard of it before. Have you contacted them recently? I would imagine they would do market testing with folks who've expressed opinions with them in the past.

R,
Bullseye

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:24 pm

I've only expressed the opinion that Federal is my favorite ammo, and I'm fed up with never seeing any of it, either .22 or .38. Still no answer as to whether "Inside Shots" is on the level.
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:37 pm

I can't find anything on the Federal website. But maybe they are inviting only select customers.

greener

Post by greener » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:33 pm

Nice to know important folks. Does it get you more ammo? Federal would be my favorite ammo if I could find some...as would CCI, Winchester and, and, and, yes, RGB's.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:20 pm

greener wrote:Nice to know important folks. Does it get you more ammo? Federal would be my favorite ammo if I could find some...as would CCI, Winchester and, and, and, yes, RGB's.
Only Federal rimfire I've seen in a year, I had a shot at a brick of American Eagle a couple of months back. Picked up 500 Golden Bullets instead. !00 more rounds for three less dollars. Plus, I've seen a lot of posts about Remington claiming it's "improved", and that it seems to be true. Wanted to try it myself, but looks like that will be spring.

I'll guess if I get any ammo out of this deal, it would be just a small amount to try. But if they should happen to send me a brick or a case, I'll try not to complain......... :roll:

I finally got a reply from Federal, and Inside Shots is legit. They said I'll be contacted soon.
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP

greener

Post by greener » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:08 am

Yesterday's prices in a gun shop: Win High velocity 9.99/box, CCI 7.99/box, American Eagle ????

Decided I wasn't desperate, yet