First to post in Dec ! (Laser)

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

First to post in Dec ! (Laser)

Post by Hakaman » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:15 pm

I was helping a fellow sight in his Crimson Trace CMR-201 Rail Laser Sight the other day and wondered whether a Laser sight on your sd hg is a good thing. He was over adjusting the vertical and windage so much he thought his laser was broken because he was so far out. Glad I could help him though, and within a minute or so, he was in business. I like lasers for the fun of target shooting with them, but for sd it seems a little counter-intuitive to me. When do you think a laser would be a good choice for you self defense hg?
Haka

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:54 pm

I could see a laser dot improving speed of delivery, as long as one remembers to squeeze the initiation switch in the heat of the moment.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Bullseye wrote:I could see a laser dot improving speed of delivery, as long as one remembers to squeeze the initiation switch in the heat of the moment.

R,
Bullseye
just point and shoot with a 1911 and it will save your butt and kick the bg's
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:39 pm

I have the laser grips on my UCII, they are grip activated. They can speed the delivery as BE said, provide you fire when the dot marks the spot. To use a laser quickly you do not want to use your sights. You just look for the dot. I practice with and without it. So if it fail to work it will not be a distraction or problem.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Lasers are great for a SD gun, especially if you have to shoot from an awkward or unconventonal position . like after getting knocked on your butt. Or if your eyesight is going bad and its hard to see both the sights and the bad guy through the same part of your bi or trifocals....
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:49 pm

I have shot many K's of shells on 12, 20, 28 and .410 on skeet and sporting clays and can not ever remember seeing the sights. Point and soot and you shoot where you are looking usually around 22 or better I skeet and 4 in sporting clays.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.