.22 Ammo Shortage

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

.22 Ammo Shortage

Post by greener » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:33 am

Article in The Firearms Blog on the .22 ammo shortage. They asked ATK (CCI, Blazer, etc). The response was high demand on the civilian market and we are working harder to make more. Pretty much a nothing statement. Didn't shed much light on when they expected market conditions to ease up.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013 ... Newsletter

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:59 am

Too many fanatics out there panicking over ammo. I realize their are more
shooters nowadays, but silly hoarding is ruining the sport!

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:11 pm

I don't think it's all hoarding, or new shooters. If it ain't on the shelf, they can't get it. I think something shady is going on with the distributors. The makers claim they're running 24/7, but it's not making it to the stores???

My Sportsman's Warehouse has gotten zero rimfire, any rimfire, for the last TEN weeks except for one case of those round Federal cans two weeks ago. I think Federal calls them "Fresh Packs", a marketing gimmick.

Gander got three cases of Value Packs three weeks ago, and one case of Federal Game Shok last week. I hear about those from a clerk I know, I can't get to Gander when they open. That's all the .22 they've gotten in two months.

Word around the area is that no one else is getting more than dribbles of .22. Wally World, LGSs, etc..

The Gander Value Packs were a surprise. I haven't seen a Value Pack on a shelf for over a year.

I managed to get enough Remington and CCI to keep me shooting half my usual trips last year, without touching my stash. That's 20k rounds, but I built that up during 2009-10. I haven't touched it or added to it since.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:55 pm

I blame Obamarx and his cronies.

None of this came up before people started to find good reason to mistrust the federal government - and that's a fact.