What do you do for winter fun?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

What do you do for winter fun?

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:45 pm

http://fox17online.com/2014/01/16/hover ... z2qcCT66bN I'm the walrus in the dive gear jumping in the water, luckily I was under water while they were filming :thumbs up:

what do you do for winter fun?
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:10 pm

That looks like it would be cold.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:56 pm

I definitely don't jump into freezing cold water....... :shock:

I avoid anything freezing cold except ice cream, so my winter fun is mostly indoors.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Re: What do you do for winter fun?

Post by greener » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:35 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:http://fox17online.com/2014/01/16/hover ... z2qcCT66bN I'm the walrus in the dive gear jumping in the water, luckily I was under water while they were filming :thumbs up:

what do you do for winter fun?
I told your mom you were the big guy sweeping snow, but I figured you'd be hiding out under the ice.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:42 pm

The weather and my off time hasn't been great. I've done just a little shooting in January. Got distracted by football today.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:01 am

greener wrote:The weather and my off time hasn't been great. I've done just a little shooting in January. Got distracted by football today.
that will get you distracted . watched the broncos yesterday and think the can take the big on
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:57 pm

ruger22 wrote:I definitely don't jump into freezing cold water....... :shock:

I avoid anything freezing cold except ice cream, so my winter fun is mostly indoors.
yeah my daddy told me ice was only good for snow cones,ice tea, and bourbon, and it was optional for bourbon.

I never listened much to him :whistle:

-John Wayne

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:59 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:
ruger22 wrote:I definitely don't jump into freezing cold water....... :shock:

yeah my daddy told me ice was only good for snow cones,ice tea, and bourbon, and it was optional for bourbon.

I never listened much to him :whistle:
your daddy speaks the truth

greener

Post by greener » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:40 pm

We will have winter tomorrow 3-6" of snow. Ruger22 is supposed to have more. So, we will have winter fun.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:36 pm

greener wrote:We will have winter tomorrow 3-6" of snow. Ruger22 is supposed to have more. So, we will have winter fun.
Ended up that the temperature held above freezing until the snow/sleet was nearly over, so most of it melted. The last hour stuck, and we got maybe an inch. Still cold though, 22 the last few days, 10 tonight with -15 wind chill. Brrrrr.......... :shock:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:05 am

9 yesterday before I left for a morning drive to PA. Saw some 0 on the truck thermometer heading toward Winchester and about that in PA. 11 on the back porch this morning.

Took my trusty assistant (under 30) with me. I had a winter jacket in the truck but wore a pull over fleece. He had toboggan, big scarf, big winter jacket and looked cold. Wandering around the plant at 11F I elected not to wear the coat since we weren't out more than 15 minutes. He froze in the Nanook of the North gear.

Schools have been closed all week. The kiddies and parents are have a ball. Schools were closed Monday for the Holiday, Tuesday because snow was predicted for the afternoon and the rest of the week because it is cold and we had an inch of snow Tuesday night. Last nights news said the kids had a slight case of cabin fever but the parents were really, really, really having a bad case of it. :lol:

The boss told me last night the heater controls on her car aren't working, haven't worked for some time and I should have known and gotten them fixed and heavily implied that it was all my fault. I immediately apologized for my evil ways. She's getting the 89 Camry which has heater controls that almost work but won't warm up before she gets to work.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:22 am

greener wrote:9 yesterday before I left for a morning drive to PA. Saw some 0 on the truck thermometer heading toward Winchester and about that in PA. 11 on the back porch this morning.

Took my trusty assistant (under 30) with me. I had a winter jacket in the truck but wore a pull over fleece. He had toboggan, big scarf, big winter jacket and looked cold. Wandering around the plant at 11F I elected not to wear the coat since we weren't out more than 15 minutes. He froze in the Nanook of the North gear.

Schools have been closed all week. The kiddies and parents are have a ball. Schools were closed Monday for the Holiday, Tuesday because snow was predicted for the afternoon and the rest of the week because it is cold and we had an inch of snow Tuesday night. Last nights news said the kids had a slight case of cabin fever but the parents were really, really, really having a bad case of it. :lol:

The boss told me last night the heater controls on her car aren't working, haven't worked for some time and I should have known and gotten them fixed and heavily implied that it was all my fault. I immediately apologized for my evil ways. She's getting the 89 Camry which has heater crontrols that almost work but won't warm up before she gets to work.
That seems down right cold.. I'm not sure how you folks in VA will ever survive.....

It was -6 yesterday morning and the windchill was-37....

My partner found out what happens when you drive a chevy 4x4 pick up through a snow drift that's bigger than the truck..... you have you wait for a tow truck and hope they don't get stuck.

I'm glad I drove our dive truck(Ford excursion) at work instead of my crown vic we got more than a foot overnight in my patrol area. The other side of the county only got a couple inches.... you have to love lake effect snow!

-John Wayne

greener

Post by greener » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Rougher than I had it. I drove the Miata through the VA snow this morning. The heater couldn't handle the 20F, so I put the top up.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:48 pm

greener wrote:Rougher than I had it. I drove the Miata through the VA snow this morning. The heater couldn't handle the 20F, so I put the top up.
wise move