Range Observations

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Range Observations

Post by greener » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:24 am

If you are tired of using vision and old eyes as an excuse, go to the gym and push on weights and weight machines a few hours before you go to the range. That's my new excuse for 30% outside the black on a 50' slow fire target at 15 yards.

The best way to get your wife/girlfriend really uninterested in shooting is to take them out as non-shooters when it is about 39F. Set up 3' x 3' cardboard backers at 30 feet with no targets, provide minimum and bad instructions and then give advice like "low" or "really low" when they shoot. Guaranteed to have them in the car in 30 minutes. It helps if you don't shoot handguns all that well.

I wouldn't have gone to the range in such bad weather but the Boss said I hadn't been in a long time and I might explode if I didn't go, so I'd just better solve that problem, or else. So, I went under protest.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:23 pm

Mom went shooting in 39F weather? Did you bribe her with doughnuts?
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

greener

Post by greener » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:58 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:Mom went shooting in 39F weather? Did you bribe her with doughnuts?
No, (a) she wanted me out of the house and (b) when I go to Sam's I buy Honey Buns and (c) if I had taken your mom I could have gotten some coaching on what I'm doing with the flyers.